", On June 19, 2014, Kazembe wrote on Twitter: "Opinions are just like [explative]…everyone’s got one!! © 2020 E!
"She's beautiful inside and there will never be another Aaliyah, I just hope to share her beautiful story, and make her proud up in heaven.". Fans suggest other contenders such as Lolita and Keisha Cante for the role. Zendaya is perfect for Aaliyah. Entertainment Television, LLC A Division of NBCUniversal.

The network announced it had chosen the "Shake It Up" actress and singer, 17, to star in a TV movie about the "Back and Forth" singer's life and career. "She's been an inspiration and influence in my whole career, her talent still shines brighter (than) ever, all I wanna do is honor her," Zendaya wrote. Lifetime revealed Monday that the Disney darling has been tapped to portray Aaliyah, the beloved '90s singer who lost her life in a plane crash when she was just 22 years old, and unfortunately, the young star faced some harsh criticism on Twitter over the casting.

That girl Zendaya Coleman looks nothing like Aaliyah.. Every time I see a post about her getting the role I get mad all over again. So she kept a positive attitude about it all and tweeted the following: She's been an inspiration and influence in my whole career, her talent still shines brighter then ever, all I wanna do is honor her, Show how much she accomplished in only 22 years....she's beautiful inside and there will never be another Aaliyah, I just hope to share her, beautiful story, and make her proud up in heaven #babygirl #forever #OneInAMillion, I'm just a 17 year old girl who got cast to play one of her biggest inspirations #positive.
Cuomo orders mandatory testing for travelers from outside New York metro area amid national COVID-19 spike, After being voted off ‘The Masked Singer,' Wendy Williams dishes the dirt, Below the beat: The truth behind the story of the Beatles, Teen arrested after teacher sees him having oral sex with 7-year-old girl during break in online class, Phil Collins’ ex-wife Orianne ordered to vacate his Miami Beach home, ‘I still can’t believe she’s not here’: Family, friends in shock over death of 8-year-old Queens girl and woman mowed down by Range Rover, Top 10 most vocal celebrities still backing President Trump, NYPD Officer Michael Valva, charged with murder after his autistic son froze to death in garage, quits police force, Joe Benigno fought for himself and his teams and became a radio star in the process, Brooklyn gunshot victim takes Uber to the hospital, dies in surgery, Kevin Cash is just another symbol of baseball’s destruction, ‘A high price': Trump rallies caused more than 30,000 COVID-19 cases and likely led to over 700 deaths, study finds, Assassination of Bronx motorcycle gang leader was retaliation for shots fired at Hells Angels' new Bronx headquarters: prosecutors, Trump struggles to lift glass of water during ‘60 Minutes’ interview, ‘Joe is my brother:’ Obama and Biden campaign together for first time as Trump furiously barnstorms, Body-camera video of Walter Wallace Jr. killing in Philadelphia to be released Wednesday, Le’Veon Bell’s former OC Todd Haley trashes Adam Gase for ‘fraudulent talk’ and poor coaching, Off-duty cop who killed colleague in booze-fueled Bronx crash pleads guilty, is fired from NYPD, City Sheriffs shut down massive party in Brooklyn warehouse: officials. #hatersgonnahate #motivation". Zendaya told TMZ that she didn't have to look like Aaliyah to portray her well. Lifetime did not contact her family ahead of making the film, Aaliyah's uncle and former manager Barry Hankerson reportedly told TMZ.

Actress Zendaya Coleman (left) responded to critics of her casting as Aaliyah in an upcoming Lifetime biopic. Sound off in the comments. All rights reserved. https://www.teenvogue.com/story/zendaya-aaliyah-lifetime-movie-update Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. xo", On June 17, 2014, KeKe Palmer wrote on Twitter: "I know from experience that it is not fun being attacked for doing what you love. However, Coleman didn't let the criticism get her down. A few weeks later, Zendaya eventually dropped out of the film. It is based on the book "Aaliyah: More Than A Woman.” On June 16, 2014, it was announced that Zendaya had obtained the role of the singer, and filming would begin in Toronto, Canada a few weeks later. Zendaya took to her Twitter page, saying she wants to 'honor' Aaliyah with the film, and cited the late 'Back and Forth' singer as one of her inspirations. Aaliyah: Princess of R&B is a Lifetime biopic based on the life of the late R&B singer Aaliyah. Aaliyah: Princess of R&B is a Lifetime biopic based on the life of the late R&B singer Aaliyah. Whether it was about Zendaya's looks, her voice or her dancing, the young celeb quickly realized that some Aaliyah fans weren't pleased to hear the news. Zendaya responded to backlash after it was announced that the Disney actress would be taking on the role of late R&B singer Aaliyah in a Lifetime channel biopic. Gov.

Unstoppable The Score Lyrics Meaning, Godzilla: Final Wars English Sub, Feelings Lauv Lyrics, Irig Hd 2 Thru-fx, Weather Waiheke 14 Day Forecast, Per Capita Income Of Bangladesh, Erbil Governorate, At Once - Crossword Clue Dan Word, Sweet Violets Lyrics, Kool Moe Dee House, What Is Dynamic Email In Outlook, Uses Of Carbon Dioxide In Everyday Life, Best Teriyaki Near Me, Oran Juice Jones The Rain Lyrics Genius, Atariya Amsterdam, Big Boi Washer, Blue Cross Blue Shield Add Dependent, Why Was The Summer Palace Destroyed, 21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership Summary, Is Colt 45 Bad For You, Toy Machine Gun, Rory Mcilroy Grip Brand, Hixson Utility District Service Area, Arizona Green Tea Arnold Palmer, Hyde Nightclub Atlanta, Adenylyl Cyclase Function, Catania La Jolla, Map Of Montana, Portofino Restaurant Menu, Tsunami Sushi Locations, Straw Hats, Adenosine Supplements, Lucky You Instrumental, Shotgun Cabinet, Ntare Mwine Partner, Peer Relationships In Elementary School, Atp Hydrolysis Equation, Dutch Giant In Kingsman, Types Of Temperature, Coagulation Cascade, Infigen Energy Locations, Bcci Members 2019, Sakina Jaffrey Bio, Gdp Growth Rate Pakistan 2021, Censored Rhyme Songs, Facts About Teachers Pay, Kitsune Mythology, We Are Back In Business Quotes, The Foxes Love Me, Nippon Life Insurance, Redman Tokusatsu, I Got Sixpence, Peter's Sushi Delivery, Mobb Deep Tour, Mgk #daughter, Adidas Face Mask Amazon, Marshall Sv20h Mods, Send Test Email Gmail, Grace Under Fire Tvb, Superhero Comedy Movies On Netflix, Cop Out No Gif, I Don't Wanna Go Lyrics Chris Renzema, Gdp Of Mexico 2020, Notion Review, George Coetzee Net Worth, Jose Name, Sophisticated Font Generator, P-valley Opening Song,

Subscribe to our blog