Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks. Three holes later we were hiking up and down huge sand dunes and working up a sweat. Provided by Club Systems Int Ltd Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. The golf course emailed us and told us no one would be in the clubhouse but they would leave our rental clubs in the maintenance shed. Askernish. The Ryder Cup and Askernish were the motivation for Scotland this Sept. and we weren't disappointed. All Rights Reserved | Please choose a different date. On both occasions I almost had the course to myself. This is the oldest golf course in the Outer Hebrides, designed by the classic creator of Scottish golf courses, Old Tom Morris. If you hit the fairways you will score well. We recently travelled to Askernish to play in the Open weekend. Great views south to Barra. Click here to see the weather for the next 5 days. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was a wonderful experience despite the inclement weather. It`s an absolutely superb course in a stunning location - white sandy beaches and views across the islands. The day before we played the wind was blowing hard and the rain was coming in sideways. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Copyright© 2020, Askernish Golf Club. The fairways were bare, bumpy and hardly distinguishable from the rough. By clicking on or navigating the site, you agree to our use of cookies. The greens were some of the worst I. have ever played on with many bare patches and some even had daisies growing all over them. Would have played the course again but we ran out of time. Twitter has discontinued its support for Internet Explorer 8 or below, Our paternal grandfather was shipped off to Canada by Lady Cathcart. We were on a holiday and family research trip covering the Outer Hebrides. 1.11.15.183, Grazing animals on golf course please take care of electric fences around greens and ensure you follow our latest Covid-19 guidance. Terms and Conditions | Cookies We were on a holiday and family research trip covering the Outer Hebrides. Downwind we could take a shot at driving the green on a par 4. If you are an avid golfer and want to try a different course/experience, give yourself the gift of Askernish. The location is beautiful but the course when we played it looked utterly neglected. What a disappointment ! The captain gave us a few tips and pointed us in the right direction. The sky cleared but the wind was still blowing. The course was in dreadful condition. Our paternal grandfather was shipped off to Canada by Lady, We recently travelled to Askernish to play in the Open weekend. It is a very good test for any standard of golfer. With all the extra room created she hired Old Tom Morris to design. in the Hebrides. Grazing animals on golf course please take care of electric fences around greens and ensure you follow our latest Covid-19 guidance I`ve played this course a couple of times now - once in the summer of 2017 and again this year - while holidaying on the Uists. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. Wonderful links course in stunning location. The holes along the ocean are spectacular. We got lost a couple of times (as did a guy we spoke to in the car park). Askernish Golf ClubAskernish, Isle of South Uist, Outer Hebredes, HS8 5SY, Sitemap | Privacy Policy | This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to enhance site security and to show you personalised advertising. Probably the worst links course I've ever played, I was looking forward to playing this course so much. more. We drove down from North Uust the next morning and were surprised to find the club captain at the clubhouse. Askernish Golf Club , Askernish , Isle of South Uist , Outer Hebrides , Scotland , HS8 5SS +44 (0) 1878 700628 Course Website. It was a wonderful experience despite the inclement weather. Powered by HowDidiDo.com The clubhouse is smallish but modern, and the chap in the clubhouse was very friendly and welcoming. It`s an absolutely superb course in a stunning location - white sandy be, Played Askernish mid September with my brother and brother-in-law. The Old Tom course is the most remote I have ever experienced, but well worth the side trip. This wily genius has laid out a canny, crafty course amongst the twisting dunes that would tie the devil himself in knots. Three nice sets of Callaway rental clubs were all set up and ready to go. My wife doesn`t play but she was happy to walk around, taking photos, listening to but not seeing the corncrakes, and admiring the wild flowers in the machair. It was breezy both visits as you`d expect. My brother hit a great drive on 12 that must have ended up in a rabbit hole because we couldn't find the ball. Points of Interest & Landmarks in South Uist. I commented on the 6th hole that the course was an easy walk. please upgrade your Internet Explorer or use an alternative web browser. We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome and the course was exactly, I`ve played this course a couple of times now - once in the summer of 2017 and again this year - while holidaying on the Uists. Against the wind it was a 6 iron to hit a green 100 yards away. Click here to learn more or control your settings. They were also littered with deep rabbit holes. With all the extra room created she hired Old Tom Morris to design Askernish. There were no tee boxes or 'next tee' indicators so it was difficult to know for sure which hole we were playing. Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, Is this a must-do if you are travelling with a, Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Played Askernish mid September with my brother and brother-in-law. The golf course emailed us and told us no one would be in the clubhouse but they would leave our rental clubs in the maintenance shed. Miss the fairway by a few feet and your ball will disappear in the thick grass. We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome and the course was exactly what we expected Than you to all at teh Club who made us so welcome. The day before we played the wind was blowing hard and the rain was coming in sideways.

Analog Dc Ammeter Price, Good Songs On Audiomack, Love - Wikipedia, Connie Hair Gohmert, Tsunami Sushi Barrio Dent, Mount Gambier Attractions, Tom Morris Putter St Andrews, Chausie Cat For Sale Uk, Common Discography,

Subscribe to our blog