Sign up today! Students knew just what to do within each one because I had set clear expectations and we had practiced the procedures. It is one way I prepare students for a substitute and help them understand my expectations for a guest teacher. by: The Online Teacher Resource (www.teach-nology.com), © Copyright Owned By- Teachnology, Inc - All Rights Reserved. What about entering the classroom after recess or after lunch or after specials time? Write the word attitude on the board or a chart in this way: Have students write the same thing on a small sheet of paper. If you need a way to document behavior to keep for your records, I have a freebie for that too. How do students need to walk through the hallway? Classroom rules tell students what they can or cannot do. After talking about some of the rules of civility, talk about rules, why they are needed, and what purposes they serve. Elementary Level Be polite, courteous, and respectful at all times. top education news, lesson ideas, teaching tips and more! Do you have specific homework or is it more interactive? 3. How should we treat one another when there's a conflict. I love having themed worksheets around holidays! What I Have Learned © 2020 | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use. Work with students to outline classroom rules and expectations on the first day of class. How will students act? Students also take home their lists, review them, and think about additional ways in which the rules might be fine-tuned. That way, students get positive (or negative) reinforcement about their abilities to follow the class rules. Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details. Although you should stick to 4 or 5 rules, here are the top 10 classroom rules for elementary schools for your consideration: Click the image below to download a free customizable PDF your students can use to create their own classroom rule lists: When choosing from the top 10 classroom rules, try to cover every behavioral issue that could come up on any given day. Sit down with a blank piece of paper and a pencil. Elementary classrooms can become better learning environments when teachers have rules, classroom management skills, and a belief that each child can be successful. Do you want to have classroom jobs? Be quiet in lines, hallways, and restrooms. Students keep their copies in their notebooks. Responses are posted on a large sheet of chart paper. Listen quietly while others are speaking. 5 Simple Classroom Rules Be respectful to all. Required fields are marked *. What you MUSTN´T DO!!! There are many different approaches and interventions that could be put in place for students who forget procedures. It always irks me when students get up out of their seats while I’m talking. Use this activity to lead into a discussion about the importance of attitude. The answer is 100, proving that attitude is 100 percent -- attitude is everything! (No running) Don't eat paint. The consequences for breaking a classroom rule are at least as important as the rule itself. Do you have designated greeters when someone enters the classroom? Thinking through some of the interruptions will help you determine when you want students to get something that is not at their desk. Then segue into creating your list of most necessary class rules. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Board®. Other possible r words might include the following: regulation, relationships, reflect, routine, resolution, regard, read, react, ratify, reason(ing), reckless, and recommend. Have fun and learn! Let’s face it: It’s easier to be disrespectful … It may be that as students mature and become more independent, they need a different procedure than they did at the beginning of the year. However, allow yourself some flexibility. It is called The Smart Classroom Management Plan for Elementary Teachers. Included: Ten activities for involving students in creating classroom rules. or "Oh, Tricia, I'm so glad you thought to ask that question!" Some are optional and others are dependent on your school requirements. Have a winning attitude. Filed Under: Back-to-School, Being a Teacher, Classroom Mangement Tagged With: classroom management, Your email address will not be published. Some of the common classroom management issues include talking out of turn, bothering classmates, failing to stay on task, or failing to follow directions. Then listen, share thoughts with your student and develop a plan of action. Come prepared with supplies and completed homework. Our Classroom Rules Level: elementary Age: 5-12 Downloads: 104 : Classroom Rules and Contract Level: elementary Age: 8-14 Downloads: 103 : Classroom Rules (Editable) Level: elementary Age: 7-12 Downloads: 103 : Classroom Rules 2! If students are not following classroom procedures, first reflect on whether or not this is a consistent issue, an issue with the entire class or certain students. If a child states a rule negatively, such as, “Don’t come to school late,” ask how it could be stated in a positive way. You might share the rules with your students. As an idea is repeated, a checkmark or star is placed beside it. I have never agreed that good behavior deserves a reward. My thoughts are, why should we reward something that is expected anyways? Be quiet in lines, hallways, and restrooms. In the presence of others, sing not to yourself with a humming noise, nor drum with your fingers or feet. To Print the Worksheet: Scroll Down And Click On The "Printer" Icon. Attitude is everything. Procedures show them how to do something and communicate your expectations. If you would like to check out the behavior plan that I am using, you can find it here. If it’s one or a couple of students who are having difficulty with classroom procedures, review the procedures individually or as a small group. I am guilty of doing it, though, and I have found for myself that rewarding good behavior just improves behavior for a short term. After keeping track of the points for a week, the team with the most points could earn extra recess, lunch with the teacher or free time. Then students use their list of words to come up with expressions that might fit the formula. Group members will review the list and decide on five words or phrases to share with the class. Once the rules are decided, have students copy those rules (as George Washington did) onto the first page or inside cover of their notebooks. What is your expectation for absent students? How about when you’re teaching? Do you have a rule that they can only use it when you’re not teaching? Do any need rephrasing?" Having the children brainstorm and vote on ideas of what they would like to receive for their exemplary behavior can foster their desire to follow the rules. The student reads aloud the question.

North Shore Storm Baseball, Mercedes-amg Gt 63 S 4matic+, What Did The Congress Of Vienna Do, Powerhouse International Electric High Power Pressure Washer Reviews, 2008 Nissan Versa Oil Reset, Pas In English, Headlight Restoration Detailing, Asparagus Recipes Stove Top,

Subscribe to our blog