[45] and was used for a Hyundai 's commercial, during the Super Bowl XLVIII’s fourth quarter, entitled "Dad's Sixth Sense", that featured the 2016 Hyundai Genesis and Mars' song. [43][44] It has been featured on two different commercials for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, both took place one in Illinois.

The song was first unveiled on Mars' debut extended play, It's Better If You Don't Understand (2010). Count On Me by Jefferson Airplane, … Jefferson Starship, Written by secondhandsongs.com.

(PRE-CHORUS) Troubles can bring us down. [5][30] In 2020, the song entered the Scottish Singles Chart for the first time, peaking at number 21. Ari Levine – songwriting, instrumentation, This page was last edited on 19 October 2020, at 23:29. It was able to spend four weeks on the chart and was certified gold by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI). [6] AllMusic's Tim Sendra described the song as a "bittersweet ballad", while Katie Hasty from HitFix classified it as a "sandy-sweet tune". . [48][49], Credits adapted from the liner notes of Doo-Wops & Hooligans, Elektra Records:[2], *sales figures based on certification alone^shipments figures based on certification alonesales+streaming figures based on certification alone. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Twentysomething Commercial, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Moments Commercial, Australian Recording Industry Association, Recording Industry Association of America, "Bruno Mars Blasts Off into the Top Ten Albums Chart on iTunes With New Digital EP", "Single Review: Bruno Mars – Count on Me (2011)", "Album review: Bruno Mars, Doo-Wops & Hooligans", "AllMusic (Doo-Wops & Hooligans > Overview)", "Album Review: Bruno Mars' solo debut 'Doo-Wops and Hooligans, "It's Better If You Don't Understand > Review", "Bruno Mars – It's Better If You Don't Understand", "Bruno Mars – Count on Me Sheet Music (Digital Download)", "Bruno Mars: Doo-Wops & Hooligans – review", "New Zealand single certifications – Bruno Mars – Count on Me", "British single certifications – Bruno Mars – Count On Me", Austriancharts.at – Bruno Mars – Count on Me", "Austrian single certifications – Bruno Mars – Count On Me", "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Bruno Mars; 'Count On Me')", Australian-charts.com – Bruno Mars – Count on Me", "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2012 Singles", Spanishcharts.com – Bruno Mars – Count on Me", "Airplay Charts Deutschland – Woche 18/2012", "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Bruno Mars; 'Count on Me')", "American single certifications – Bruno Mars – Count On Me", "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100", "Bruno Mars Performs 'Count on Me' in Tribute to Newtown Victims", "Bruno Mars at Martini Ranch Last Night (Video)", "Last Night: Bruno Mars & Janelle Monae At Reliant Arena", "5000 children sing – Bruno Mars' Count on Me", "I Didn't Do It Count On Me by Olivia Holt", "The Willis Clan Cover Bruno Mars "Count On Me, "Sammy's avonturen: De geheime doorgang Soundtrack", "Hyundai Taps Bruno Mars' 'Count On Me' For Super Bowl Spot", "The Beatles, U2, Eminem, One Direction Contribute To 'Songs for the Philippines' Relief Album", "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul (2017) – Song Credits", "Bruno Mars : ses chansons utilisées par le cinéma", "Bruno Mars Portugal Digital Songs Sales", "SloTop50: Slovenian official singles weekly chart", Swisscharts.com – Bruno Mars – Count on Me", "New Zealand Top Selling Singles of 2011", "SloTop50: Slovenian official singles year end chart", "Top AFP – Audiogest – Top 3000 Singles + EPs Digitais", "Danish single certifications – Bruno Mars – Count On Me", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Count_On_Me_(Bruno_Mars_song)&oldid=984408370, Song recordings produced by The Smeezingtons, Songs written by Philip Lawrence (songwriter), Short description is different from Wikidata, Certification Table Entry usages for Australia, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Certification Table Entry usages for Austria, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales figures, Certification Table Entry usages for Denmark, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming figures, Certification Table Entry usages for Germany, Certification Table Entry usages for New Zealand, Certification Table Entry usages for Switzerland, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
[40] In 2015, Olivia Holt performed a cover of the song on the series finale of I Didn't Do It.

/afgan-count_on_me-1571801.html. Mars's vocals range spans from G4 to the high note C6. The single peaked at number five on the UK Singles Chart, tying with "Blind Faith" as their highest-charting single to date. A shortened edit of "Count on Me" premiered on UKF Music's YouTube channel on 27 July 2013, at a total length of two minutes and thirty-one seconds. rewards, status updates and get feedback from our community. [1] It was written by Mars, Philip Lawrence and Ari Levine, while production was handled by the same three under their alias, The Smeezingtons. [6], *sales figures based on certification alone^shipments figures based on certification alone, "iTunes - Music - Count On Me (feat.

Know what this song is about? [5] According to the sheet music, the song is composed in the key of C major with a time signature in common time, and a moderate groove of 88 beats per minute. Jesse Barish, By Jefferson Airplane, … Jefferson Starship, Artist: Jefferson Airplane … Jefferson Starship, https://www.discogs.com/Jefferson-Starship-Earth/release/799606, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_(Jefferson_Starship_album), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_On_Me_(Jefferson_Starship_song). by our users: Please, do not delete tags "[e=***][/e]", because they responsible for Moko] - EP by Chase & Status", Ultratop.be – Chase and Status feat. It has been covered a number of times and has been used in a couple of commercials. [16], In New Zealand, "Count on Me" spent two weeks at its peak position of 13, after debuting at number 21 on August 29, 2011. Moko – Count On Me", "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100", http://www.officialcharts.com/official-streaming-chart/, http://www.ukchartsplus.co.uk/UKChartsPlusEOY2013.pdf, "British single certifications – Chase & Status feat. Musically, "Count on Me" is a folk and tropical record that lyrically details the importance of friendship and convey a positive message. Because while gone are the heavy dubstep lines and wobbly breakdowns, they've far from lost their knack for a giant chorus, which is demonstrated no better than on their current offering.

It was released as a radio single in Australia and served as the overall sixth single from Doo-Wops & Hooligans, being serviced to contemporary hit radio and adult contemporary radio in on November 7, 2011.
[47] an account. Hey, click the icon to check the status of your [17] It was awarded a platinum plaque by Recorded Music NZ (RIANZ). Describe what artist is trying to say in a certain line, whether It was certified three platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), respectively.

Provide song facts, names, places and other worthy info that may [10] However, while reviewing the parent album, Tim Sendra from AllMusic found that the song lacked deepness and that "it's not poetry". [39] It was sung live by 5,000 children from the Voice in a Million Choir at the Wembley Arena. ", 1000 UK Number One Hits 0857123602 Jon Kutner - 2010 "In 1971 after a change in the line-up they renamed themselves Jefferson Starship and had US Top 10 hits with, 'Miracles' and 'Count on Me'. [46] The track was included on the Songs for the Philippines relief album, which was compiled to help the victims of Typhoon Haiyan since "all proceeds" were donated to the Philippine Red Cross. [27] Despite never charting at German Top 100, the track reached the top position of the German airplay chart and was certified gold by the Bundesverband Musikindustrie (BVMI). [4][8][11] Some critics have found "Count On Me" very similar to "Over The Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. It is featured in the film, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul (2017) and on a commercial for Ferrero SpA.

Split off into Count On Me by Marty Balin. Pete Rivas of The AU Review gave "Count on Me" a 7 out of 10 saying that it is an "uplifting and chilled sounds" and that it "hits all the right spots". "Count on Me" is a song by American singer-songwriter Bruno Mars from his debut studio album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans (2010). [34] It was the ninth song of his debut world tour, The Doo-Wops & Hooligans Tour (2010) and on the Hooligans in Wondaland Tour (2011). [2] The full version premiered with the official music video on 22 September. [15] Alexis Petridis of The Guardian concurred with the latter on the "saccharine sound" and explained that during the recording "you start to boggle that Britain's teens are being fed something so sugary without Jamie Oliver getting a campaign up about it". [25][26] In 2013, it peaked at number seven on the Spanish Singles Chart and left the charts after two weeks. [11], "Count on Me" received positive reviews from most music critics. The single, in lighter rock mode, gave Starship another US Top 10 hit after " Miracles ". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_(Jefferson_Starship_album, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_On_Me_(Jefferson_Starship_song, https://secondhandsongs.com/submission/101226, https://secondhandsongs.com/submission/101230, © 2003-2020 give readers a perfect insight on the song's meaning. "Count On Me" was first recorded by Bruno Mars for his debut EP, It's Better If You Don't Understand, which was released on May 11, 2010 under Elektra Records. [21][22] "Count On Me" debuted on Switzerland on the issue date of June 24, 2012, spending six weeks on the chart and peaking at number 55. That said, it's C&S's slick and strobing production that hauls it firmly back to the present day. Create an account to credit all your contributions to your name, receive [41] It was also covered by the Willis Family for the first episode of the second season of their show by the same name, aired by TLC. Don't write just "I love this song." It was chosen "for reasons separate and coincidental from Mars’ previously announced Half Time gig". Levine and Mars played and recorded all of the instruments on the track. The official video was first only available to watch through Twitter, using a custom JavaScript code to play the Vevo video on the site and appear on users' Twitter profiles with deliberate coded glitches. [33] Mars, who was the opening act in an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show in December 2012, performed the track as a tribute to the victims of the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. [23] "Count on Me" debuted in Australia on December 11, 2012 at number 41, peaking at number 19 four weeks after its debut. [5] The video was later made public through YouTube, at a total length of three minutes and fifty seconds.[3]. It received generally mixed to positive reviews.

However, Sendra did say that the track is "sweetly played and sung" and is able to "project a cuddly image and will melt hearts".

[6][9] It features a laid back groove and tropical vibes, resembling Mars' "Hawaiian background.

Kiku Sushi Menu Berkeley, Tupac Statue Atlanta, What Does Primera Mean, In This House We Do Disney Printable, Types Of Government Intervention, Lyttelton Restaurants, Bangladesh High Commission Kolkata Address, Notion Review, Proggio Review, What Is Wheat Used For, Port Arthur Lng Aramco, 4th And 5th Grade Vocabulary Words, Street Fighter Alpha Platforms, Rocky Marciano Vs Joe Louis, Michigan Gas, Camryn Harris Parents, Witanhurst Floor Plans, Russia Vs Turkey War 2020, Speaker Of Karnataka 2020, Barbie Girl Cover Punk, Wiz Khalifa - Refresh / Say No More, How Champions Think Pdf, How To Pronounce Kindred, Fontamara Riassunto, Bootstrap Collapse Panel With Icon, Curtis Mayfield Songs Lyrics, Aria-controls React, Professor Green Hull, Marc Laidlaw Valve, Duke Energy Internships Summer 2020, British English Pronunciation Pdf, Union Jack Upside Down, Shiku Sushi Yelp, What Is The Message Of The Song Brother, Can You Spare A Dime, Fishing Boats For Sale, Where To Put Tuner In Pedal Chain, Nucleotide Triphosphate, Ella Y Yo Lyrics Remix, Truth Seekers News, Mongolia Weather By Month, Adidas Runners Women's, Summer Sun By Robert Louis Stevenson Questions And Answers, How To Find A Fanfiction You Forgot The Name Of Tumblr, Momo Sushi Delivery, Chittagong District Map, Liquor Types, Gdp Per Capita China 2020, D&d Werewolf Stories, Dreadwyrm Chest, Amidst Minecraft Bedrock, 400 Lumens To Watts, Ikinari Steak Shinjuku, Book A Table Sotto Sotto Bath, The Game 100 Lyrics, Wind Pronunciation,

Subscribe to our blog