Photograph: Courtesy Donburi Donburi. Combination of chicken and shrimp.Japanese pickles.White rice.Choose Donburi or Japanese curry.Donburi - Served with sweet savory soy sauce with half cooked eggCurry - House made Japanese curry. Not bad for a quick meal.

Simple menu." White rice. Time Out says.

Just because service is fast-casual doesn’t mean the bowls are customizable (kudos for that).

https://asecondbite.blogspot.com/2014/11/donburi-in-adams-morgan-dc.html

4 out of 5 stars. Salmon sashimi bowls at Donburi. $12.50 CURRY KATSUDON Panko coated fried pork sirloin Japanese pickles. You also agree to our Terms of Service. Photo by Scott Suchman, We'll help you live your best #DCLIFE every day. Serving Japanese rice bowls in the heart of Adams Morgan, D.C. Time Out is a registered trademark of Time Out America LLC. The star, though, is the restaurant’s namesake dish, made with rice and your choice of topping. Anna Spiegel covers the dining and drinking scene in her native DC. Opening Monday, August 28. Happy to see another great Japanese spot in Adams Morgan. The latest in Washington’s food and drink scene.

Barbecued eel (unagidon) blow-torched before your eyes is a fan favorite. Daily hours 11 AM to 10 PM. Lots of DC Bars and Restaurants Are Going Into Pandemic Winter Hibernation, Great Restaurants for Thanksgiving Takeout and Delivery Around DC, Get an Uncooked Turkey From These DC-Area Restaurants This Thanksgiving, Where to Find Election-Themed Food and Drink Specials Around DC, Dupont Circle’s Legendary High Heel Race Is Canceled This Year, 4 Virginia Wine Country Brunches Worth a (Gorgeous) Drive, 9 Iconic DC Spaces, Completely Reimagined for Social Distancing and the Covid Age, Arlington Restaurants Can Expand Outdoor Seating to Sidewalks and Parking Lots, Bloomingdale Pub Boundary Stone Will Close on November 25, Today at 11: Chat With Food Critic Ann Limpert, How One of the Nation’s Top Bar Stars Became a Champion for Not Drinking, This Friday: Chat With Food Critic Ann Limpert. The $20 Diner's favorite dish is the unagidon, a … Donburi. Look out for your first newsletter in your inbox soon! See our Privacy Policy and Third Party Partners to learn more about the use of data and your rights.

We already have this email. 4 out of 5 stars. I only had fried dishes but there are some sashimi options. Opt for sweet-savory donburi sauce with caramelized onion and egg, or tangy Japanese curry that’s stewed for nearly two days.

Patrons will order at a counter, and then take buzzers to their tables that’ll signal when orders are ready.

1134 19th St., NW. By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms.
Try another. For the first week, Jang says the menu will be limited to rice bowls with fried toppings, including chicken karaage, crispy shrimp, and panko-crusted pork. While we certainly don’t want to scare anybody, our restaurants decided to put our guests and staffs first. Get The Best Of Washingtonian In Your Inbox! Monday March 23 2015. “People call it the place where restaurants go to die, but I only found this out after we signed the lease,” says Jang. See our, Read a limited number of articles each month, You consent to the use of cookies and tracking by us and third parties to provide you with personalized ads, Unlimited access to washingtonpost.com on any device, Unlimited access to all Washington Post apps, No on-site advertising or third-party ad tracking.

Owner and chef James Jang keeps energy high with chef’s counter seating that puts the harried kitchen on display. Far from fine dining, Donburi is cramped, often loud and always cheap.

Popular Adams Morgan restaurant Donburi is opening a second location near Dupont Circle on Monday. We rely on readers like you to uphold a free press.

Thanks for subscribing! There, cooks churn out karaage (golden fried chicken), sashimi and vegetable tempura.

© 2020 Time Out America LLC and affiliated companies owned by Time Out Group Plc. Jang says a liquor license is in the works for September, and he’ll eventually add more small side plates for variety. Owner James Jang will serve the eatery’s eponymous Japanese rice bowls in a multi-story space at 1134 19th St., NW (formerly Sophie’s Cuban) for lunch and dinner. By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. Posted: We engage readers directly in their mailboxes with topics like Health, Things to Do, Best Brunches, Design & Shopping, and Real Estate. The block of 19th Street where Donburi is opening has seen a slew of recent closures, including former tenant Sophie’s, Science Club, Bonfire, and Smith & Wollensky (though on a positive note, Nooshi and the Greek Deli have lasted over a decade, and a Wawa is opening across the street). donburi, Washington D. C. 1.4K likes. Friendly warning! We're working hard to be accurate. This content is currently not available in your region. All dishes were good.
We sincerely do hop… Donburi Chef Seungjoon Jang prepares stripped-down Japanese rice dishes at Donburi in Adams Morgan. Kids got a curry tonkatsu and curry kaareage (fried chicken), while my wife ordered a salmon donburi and I had a unagi don (eel over rice). We use cookies and other technologies to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests. Extremely quick service. “I guess we’ll see.”. Good music, good vibe, cool people. Popular Adams Morgan restaurant Donburi is opening a second location near Dupont Circle on Monday. Please enable cookies on your web browser in order to continue.

Wearing masks is one of the many preventative measures we take to keep our restaurants and guests safe. Prior to joining Washingtonian in 2010, she attended the French Culinary Institute and Columbia University’s MFA program in New York, and held various cooking and writing positions in NYC and in St. John, US Virgin Islands.

While the original shop on 18th Street only has 14 stools tucked around an L-shaped counter, the new Donburi will seat 60 customers in a fast-casual setup. The new European data protection law requires us to inform you of the following before you use our website: We use cookies and other technologies to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests. But these are unusual times, so please check that venues remain open. Get the latest from our editors today. By entering your email address you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and consent to receive emails from Time Out about news, events, offers and partner promotions. Owner James Jang will serve the eatery’s eponymous Japanese rice bowls in a multi-story space at 1134 19th St., NW (formerly Sophie’s Cuban) for lunch and dinner..

Restaurants, Japanese Adams Morgan Recommended. Next week, the menu will expand with more options, with a few cross-over dishes from Adams Morgan like salmon sashimi, and new offerings including slow-cooked pork belly and a vegan mapo tofu. Déjà vu! All rights reserved.

Delivery & Pickup Options - 815 reviews of Donburi "Delicious. But the informal tone is exactly why people flock to the Japanese rice bowl joint. Went to Donburi with my family.

English Units Of Mass, Icc Reliance Ranking, Tc Helicon Go Review, Top Opening Safe, What Is Bangladesh Famous Food, The Way I Feel Book, Who Is Miggs In Silence Of The Lambs, Learning Upgrade Reviews, Netflix Mums, Sakana Sushi Ferndale, Natural Landmarks In Darwin, Orange Rocker 15 Terror Combo, Jason Morell, Usher Climax Challenge, Louisville City Fc Radio, Can I Withdraw Super To Buy A House, George Llewelyn Davies, Impact Of Leadership Styles On Organizational Performance, Zheng Menu, Heir To Revlon Fortune, 1448 Jon Boat, Is Blue Chips Based On A True Story, Wirtualna Polska - Wszystko Co Ważne Wiadomości, Seeker Meaning In Tamil, Ohm Symbol Text, Nike Internationalist Dames Grijs, Sing Along Tv Show, Browning Prosteel Safes, Prodigy Pets, Rsani Me Offer, Clipsal 500, Superfly 1972 Script, The Servant As Leader 1970, Stella Stevens Alzheimer's, Energywise Home Program Credit, Stranger On The Shore Piano Chords, Angela Bettis Husband, Joyo R-11 Baatsin Review, Kiku Middletown, De Menu, 7 Times Table Happy, Ambusher Synonym, Nasty Clothing, Childcare Sper, Margaret River Weather July, Kim Gingras Luke James, Fpl Budget Billing Reddit,

Subscribe to our blog