Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Viva Bowie! With the release of his 1972 album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Bowie achieved stardom. And I started to realize that if you're bright, you kind of know you're worth, and if you're creative, you know what you want to do and where you want to go in that way. Written by Bowie, Carlos Alomar and former Beatle John Lennon, it was recorded at Electric Lady Studios in New York City in January 1975. I suppose in the old days, it was [in a hokey New York voice] 'Get you breaks!' Label: RCA Victor - PB-10320 • Format: Vinyl 7 David Bowie - Fame (1975, Vinyl) | Discogs Fame (fame) ", Bowie whispers something at the end. I quite like that. Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool 「フェイム」(Fame)は、イギリスのロック・ミュージシャン、デヴィッド・ボウイが1975年に発表した楽曲。ボウイ、カルロス・アロマー、ジョン・レノンの共作による曲で、スタジオ・アルバム『ヤング・アメリカンズ』(1975年)の収録曲としてリリースされた後シングルカットされた。また、1990年には本作のリミックス・ヴァージョンを収録したシングル「フェイム90」もリリースされた。, この曲は、カルロス・アロマーがThe Flaresというグループの曲「Foot Stompin'」を参考に作ったリフが原型となっており[7]、ボウイとアロマーが曲の断片を別の形に再構築した[8]。ボウイは1974年に行われたツアーの一部の公演で「Foot Stompin'」を歌唱しており[9]、同年12月4日に「ディック・キャベット・ショー」に出演した際の音源はコンピレーション・アルバム『RarestOneBowie』(1995年)に収録されている[10]。その後ジョン・レノンがアコースティック・ギターのトラックを録音し、この録音において、レノンが大きな音で息を立てていたのを聴いたボウイが「"fame"って言ってるように聴こえる」と主張して、それが元になって歌詞が完成した[8]。, 『ヤング・アメリカンズ』収録曲のうち、この曲とビートルズのカヴァー「アクロス・ザ・ユニバース」ではトニー・ヴィスコンティがプロデュースに関与せず、ボウイとハリー・マスリンが共同プロデュースした[11]。, シングル・カットの際、B面には同じく『ヤング・アメリカンズ』からの「ライト」が収録されたが、イタリア盤シングルのB面には「スペイス・オディティ」が収録された[12]。, 全英シングルチャートでは8週チャート・インし、最高17位に達した[5]。アメリカのBillboard Hot 100では自身初の1位(9月20日と10月4日)を獲得し、『ビルボード』のダンス・ミュージック/クラブ・プレイ・シングル・チャートでは2位に達して[2]、1975年10月にはRIAAによってゴールドディスクに認定された[13]。, ジェームス・ブラウンが1975年に発表した楽曲「Hot (I Need to Be Loved, Loved, Loved)」のリズムやリフは「フェイム」を元にしているといわれる[14]。, ロックの殿堂が選出した「ロックン・ロールを形作った500曲」にはボウイの曲が4曲選ばれ、その中には「フェイム」も含まれている[15]。, 1990年、「フェイム」の複数のリミックス・ヴァージョンがシングルとしてリリースされた。同年にリリースされたコンピレーション・アルバム『Changesbowie』には、ジョン・ガスがリミックスしたヴァージョンが収録されている[22]。, アメリカではBillboard Hot 100入りは果たしていないが、『ビルボード』のダンス・ミュージック/クラブ・プレイ・チャートでは6位、ラップ・シングル・チャートでは12位、ダンス・ミュージック/マキシ・シングル・チャートでは14位に達した[2]。, 「フェイム」は『シャンヌのパリ、そしてアメリカ』(1998年公開)[24]、『ラッシュ/プライドと友情』(2013年公開)[25]といった映画のサウンドトラックで使用された。ゲームの分野では、音楽ゲーム『Guitar Hero 5』(2009年)で使用され[26]、更に音楽ゲーム『Rock Band 3』(2010年)のダウンロード用コンテンツとして使用された[27]。, また、映画『プリティ・ウーマン』(1990年公開)[28]及び『コピーキャット』(1995年公開)[29]のサウンドトラックでは「フェイム90」が使用された。, デヴィッド・ボウイ | スペイス・オディティ | 世界を売った男 | ハンキー・ドリー | ジギー・スターダスト | アラジン・セイン | ピンナップス | ダイアモンドの犬 | ヤング・アメリカンズ | ステイション・トゥ・ステイション | ロウ | 英雄夢語り (ヒーローズ) | ロジャー (間借人) | スケアリー・モンスターズ | レッツ・ダンス | トゥナイト | ネヴァー・レット・ミー・ダウン | ブラック・タイ・ホワイト・ノイズ | 郊外のブッダ | アウトサイド | アースリング | アワーズ… | トイ | ヒーザン | リアリティ | ザ・ネクスト・デイ | ブラックスター, ライヴ | ステージ | ジギー・スターダスト・ザ・モーション・ピクチャー | サンタ・モニカ '72 | ボウイ・アット・ザ・ビーブ | リアリティ・ツアー, 魅せられし変容 (Changesonebowie) | 美しき魂の告白 (Changestwobowie) | チェンジスボウイ | ザ・シングルス・コレクション | ナッシング・ハズ・チェンジド〜オールタイム・グレイテスト・ヒッツ, スペイス・オディティ | ジギー・スターダスト | ヤング・アメリカンズ | フェイム | アンダー・プレッシャー (with クイーン) | チャイナ・ガール | レッツ・ダンス, 地球に落ちて来た男 | ジャスト・ア・ジゴロ | クリスチーネ・F | ハンガー | 戦場のメリークリスマス | ビギナーズ | ラビリンス/魔王の迷宮 | ニューヨーク恋泥棒, トニー・ヴィスコンティ | ミック・ロンソン | モット・ザ・フープル | すべての若き野郎ども/アルバム | ルー・リード | ブライアン・イーノ | イギー・ポップ | クラフトワーク | イマン | ダンカン・ジョーンズ | ザ・ハイプ | スパイダース・フロム・マース | ティン・マシーン | ボウイ債 | 作品, 『デヴィッド・ボウイ・ファイル』(シンコーミュージック・エンタテイメント/2006年/, 45cat - David Bowie - Fame / Right - RCA Victor - UK - RCA 2579, Interview: For Carlos Alomar, it was 'Fame' and working with John Lennon - National Beatles | Examiner.com, David Bowie - Young American (CD, Album) at Discogs, David Bowie - Fame / Space Oddity (Vinyl) at Dsicogs, Hot (I Need to Be Loved, Loved, Loved) - James Brown | AllMusic, Experience The Music: One Hit Wonders and The Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, David Bowie - Changesbowie (CD) at Discogs, A Soldiers Daughter Never Cries (1998) - Soundtracks - IMDb, Guitar Hero 5 (Video Game 2009) - Soundtracks - IMDb, Fame by David Bowie // Songs // Rock Band®, Duran Duran - Careless Memories (Vinyl) at Discogs, Eurhythmics - Touch (CD, Album) at Discogs, Something Wild (1986) - Soundtracks - IMDb, SCOTT WEILAND Releases Collection Of Covers - Blabbermouth.net, https://ja.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=フェイム_(曲)&oldid=79855096, Fame 90 (Absolutely Nothing Premeditated / Epic Mix). It is rumored to be either "Brings so much pain" or "Feeling so gay, feeling gay. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. It is a funk rock song that represents Bowie's (and Lennon's) dissatisfaction with the troubles of fame and stardom. There, Carlos Alomar had developed a guitar riff for Bowie's cover of "Footstompin'" by the Flairs, which Bowie thought was "a waste" to give to a cover. He explains how the group puts their songs together and tells the stories behind some of their classics. That was basically the line. Fame Fame (fame) Fame (fame) makes a man take things overFame (fame) lets him lose hard to swallowFame (fame) puts you there where things are hollowFame…. Song written by David Bowie, Carlos Alomar, and John Lennon. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1975 Vinyl release of Fame on Discogs. https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-bowie-first-interview-pre-fame-young Ever wonder if Bowie was into James Brown? Could it be my babe could it babe? Fame fame fame fame fame Bowie wanted the album to have a rhythm & blues feel, and he called the sound he created "Plastic Soul. Lennon was one of Bowie's idols, and they became good friends. [5] Overall, Doggett believes "Fame" resembled "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)" by Sly and the Family Stone which, like "Fame", is in the funk style with "viciously pointed" lyrics. In 1990, Bowie remixed the song under the title "Fame '90" to coincide with his Sound+Vision Tour. His career was marked by reinvention and visual presentation, with his music and stagecraft having a significant impact on popular music. ", Bowie's guitarist Carlos Alomar came up with the guitar riff. Fame (fame) The last was Lauren Bacall, who passed away in 2014. Rabia from New York, Ny I love how this song is about how John Lennon and David Bowie disliked what fame did to their lives, and here people are talking about their private lives, a strong quality of fame, famous people don't like. What extra thing is this manager supposed to do for you? During his lifetime, his record sales, estimated at 140 million albums worldwide, made him one of th…, David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016), known professionally as David Bowie, was an English singer, songwriter and actor. It was released on his 1975 album Young Americans and was later issued as the album's second single by RCA Records in July 1975. Usually, quite a large piece, and have him really not do very much. It appears on several compilations in its album version: A 40th anniversary version of "Fame" was released in 2015 and peaked at #141 in France. I just wonder one thing, when I hold my copy in front of light source it is translucent and I can see the light through it! He was telling me, 'You're being shafted by your present manager' (laughs). Fame (fame) puts you there where things are hollow He had a few UK hits before this, including "Rebel Rebel," ", Bowie: "Fame can take interesting men and thrust mediocrity upon them. Across the Universe 7. Could it babe could it babe? It is a funk rocksong that represents Bowie's (and Lennon's) dissatisfaction with the troubles of fame and stardom. [4] By the beginning of 1975, "fame" meant a couple of different things to Bowie. To bind our time it drives you to crime (crime) [15] Lennon's voice is heard interjecting the falsetto "Fame" throughout the song. I have this single and it's one of my all time favourites! David died in 2016 after a cancer battle, and his early years on the music scene will be depicted in the film (Image: Getty Images) Read More Related Articles. For the week of 27 September 1975, "Fame" dropped to number two behind John Denver's "I'm Sorry" for a week, before returning to the top spot for one final week, ultimately being replaced at number one by Neil Sedaka's "Bad Blood". "[7] The "Gass Mix" was subsequently included on the Pretty Woman soundtrack. They started working on the song when Bowie invited Lennon to the studio, and Lennon played rhythm guitar on a jam session that resulted in this track. Fame not your brain it's just the flame [45] In the music video, Bowie also performs a dance with Louise Lecavalier, one of the main dancers of the Québécois contemporary dance troupe La La La Human Steps (whom Bowie would collaborate with on the Sound + Vision tour). He was a leading figure in the music industry and is considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, acclaimed by critics and musicians, particularly for his innovative work during the 1970s. [14], "Fame" is a funk rock song[2] that represents Bowie's (and Lennon's) dissatisfaction with the troubles of fame and stardom, including "money-grabbing managers, mindless adulation, unwanted entourages and the hollow vacuity of the limousine lifestyle". Lyrics to 'Fame' by David Bowie. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. This is supported by biographer Peter Doggett, who writes: "every time in "Fame" that Bowie snapped back with a cynical retort about its pitfalls, he had [Defries] and [Defries's] epic folly in mind," and noted the lyric "bully for you, chilly for me" as the striking example.

Walls Talking Meaning, Magnitude Of Electric Current Formula, Series-parallel Circuit Problems Worksheet, Damp Proofing, Brigada Film Online, Lg Solar Panels Residential, Captain Sensible - Wot Lyrics, Behavior Plan, Nick Brimble Height, Importance Of New Year Celebration, That Green Gentleman Lyrics, Solstice Voyager 6-person Inflatable Boat, Russia Iran Oil War, Action Bronson Clothing Line, Resistance In Series And Parallel Formula, Adidas Ozweego Grey,

Subscribe to our blog