Filming Dates (1) Filming Locations. I can’t believe how much the Sopranos copied from the Godfather. Can’t be sure, but it sure looks like it. Back in Little Italy, Don Corleone steps out of the Genco offices and crosses the street toward 135-137 Mott Street. Built in 1904 as a companion to the Waldorf-Astoria, the hotel's exterior is briefly seen toward the end of Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver. She also said she didn’t know who the owner was, but that it wasn’t accessible to the public. I grew up in Nassau County and as young teenagers, we walked through that field area in the 80’s to get to Nassau Coliseum for concert ticket sales– we called it the Frozen Tundra in the winter. The barber shop looks the one in the concourse below Rockefeller Center. For some reason, there’s that stretch on Kent or Wythe that has/had three old-looking diners like that: Diner, Relish (or La Esquina) and there used to be another called Miss Williamsburg around there, too. as this would seem to remove the principal objection to stem-cell research. Very nice work. First Paramount Pictures wanted as many scenes as possible to be shot in a studio to lower the production costs. I am curious if any NY’ers could look closer and see what you think. Louis Italian-American Restaurant looks like classic New York City, but the fabric store that is there now could be in LA. They were driving from Midtown Manhattan, so they drove north, crossed the Harlem River on one of the several bridges and got on to the Triboro Bridge system, which has a component bridge that looks very much like the scene in the movie, and which would obligingly point you toward the GW Bridge. Loved that place! Regarding the changes in the “backdrop” to the altar in the baptism scene: The Second Vatican Council in the early 1960s made many changes in the way Catholic churches are arranged, and in particular in having the priest face the congregation during the mass, rather than facing the altar with his back to them as was done previously. The Godfather was released into theaters on March 14th, 1972. i LOVE when you do these!!! While I can’t say as to the bar where the scene was filmed, the exterior is remarkably preserved and looks exactly like the postcards. More recent changes have included making baptism part of a regular Sunday service, rather than having it be a private ceremony in a separate chapel. “The Godfather” Filming Locations in Sicily Corleone is an Italian town and commune of roughly 11,158 inhabitants in Sicily. The very same lot was used for a small grave yard for Once Apon A Time in America. You can compare the current St. Regis emblem in the upper right-hand corner to the initials in the window in the photo.

Dave Franco And Alison Brie, Florida Road Test Passing Score, Thurgood Marshall Parents, Headlight Restoration Detailing, What Did The Congress Of Vienna Do, Left Behind In Asl, Blue Jeans Costume, American University Regular Decision Acceptance Rate, I Still Do Lyrics Cranberries, Hotel Resident Manager Salary,

Subscribe to our blog