“Hardship.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/hardship. Find more ways to say hardships, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. It was a land of hardships and strife and it left its mark on them all. something that is a cause for suffering or special effort especially in the attainment of a goal. “Hallowmas” vs. “All Saints’ Day”: What’s The Day After Halloween Actually Called? Were there no hardships, this would be no pilgrimage worthy of the name. 5 synonyms of hardship from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 39 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Their masters are not to jest with them, lest they should increase the hardship of their lot. Synonyms for hardship include suffering, adversity, difficulty, trouble, austerity, misery, misfortune, affliction, calamity and destitution. Delivered to your inbox! Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. It began to seem to Jimmy that he was in for a chapter of accidents and hardships. Another word for hardships. My hardships, I felt, were by reason of my disobedience to God's will. If you can eat and sleep well, you can stand almost any hardship. Look at its pages, which evidence the hardship of the journey it has made. Join our early testers! We, too, shall have a home like that, as a reward for years of toil and hardship. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. What made you want to look up hardship? Find another word for hardship. 4 synonyms of hardships from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 39 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Join our early testers! “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? He said he'd escaped from prison and, after a lot of difficulty and hardship, got back to England. The hardships and the misery the poor folks had, God alone knows. “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. She loves him, and through poverty and hardship will share his fate. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! If you've only just got it, there'll be no hardship to you or to them if you give it up now! Hardship synonyms. He has never known any hardships or been forced into any self-denial. Hardship: something that is a cause for suffering or special effort especially in the attainment of a goal. But his wife was dying from the hardships she had suffered, due to stark poverty. Synonyms for experiencing hardship include languishing, decaying, moldering, mouldering, rotting, suffering, wasting away, withering away, hurting and aching. 'Frankenstein' and 'Frankenfood': Creator or Creation? Accessed 31 Oct. 2020. Hardships: something that is a cause for suffering or special effort especially in the attainment of a goal. Find more ways to say hardship, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Nglish: Translation of hardship for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of hardship for Arabic Speakers. “Hallowmas” vs. “All Saints’ Day”: What’s The Day After Halloween Actually Called? Before these were completed she succumbed to the hardship of her life. Antonyms for hardship. Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference? 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? The others had succumbed to the hardships of the service and been discharged. If we go on we shall have hardships, and perhaps, some pretty severe ones. hurt condition; something that causes hurt. It was a wild wintry scene, pregnant with cold and hardship. After all, the hardship of our lot is as nothing to that of the women yonder. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Synonyms for hardship in Free Thesaurus. Another word for hardship. Synonyms: adversity, asperity, difficulty… Find the right word. Another word for adversity. Find more ways to say adversity, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. You were once my comfort, Clarissa; you made all my hardships tolerable:—But now! Find another word for hardships. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'. Synonyms for hardships include sufferings, adversities, difficulties, troubles, austerities, miseries, misfortunes, afflictions, calamities and destitutions. Top synonyms for hardship (other words for hardship) are trouble, adversity and misery. Learn a new word every day. Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference?

Thermal Energy In A Sentence, I Zimbra Guitar, Thai Fried Rice Near Me, The Power Of Influence Quotes, Replacement Investment Is Also Known As, Mlc Masterkey Super Fundamentals Usi And Abn, Rti Math Intervention Worksheets,

Subscribe to our blog