more, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Table Service, Takeout, Reservations. I kind of don’t want to tell you about Himitsu…so you don’t go…so I can have it all to myself. The location is just a bit outside the heart of La Jolla Village, so it's convenient and close to a lot of things, but tucked away enough that it feels like kind of a secret - which may be why they chose the name (you might want to look it up). Throw in the hamachi collar and a Sapporo and you're set. The soft shell crab sushi was excellent as was everything else. For example, the Alaskan king crab tempura was four extremely small pieces of crab meat well-prepared in tempura but for $28. (Someone there realizes that pinto grigio and NZ whites go great with sushi.) Most of the specialty rolls are heavily spiced - not sure why this is necessary if the point is to taste the high quality of the fish. Only seating was Friday at 5.30 but the table was needed by 7.00. I would like to see more options on the drink menu. This is the first restaurant I ever got kicked out because I wanted to stay longer than an hour and 45 minutes talking to my wife... great food and great service... the end was just a big disappointment. This gets a good vote based on the excellent ingredients.... great to go for sashimi. With a daughter coming into town, once home I tried to book for either Saturday or Friday. The server was very attentive and helpful with suggestions. The ambiance is understated, casual, comfortable, yet kind of upscale. My husbands plate was sushi and slices of fish, we shared...both plates, they were ample. Possibly the best salmon I've had in SD (not sure how long they age or cure it, but man, is that ever velvety!). The service is fantastic. What an amazing place. by Showa Hospitality. Himitsu Japanese Bistro in La Jolla, CA. With a daughter coming into town, once home I tried to book for either Saturday or Friday. The server was very attentive and helpful with suggestions. Possibly the best salmon I've had in SD (not sure how long they age or cure it, but man, is that ever velvety!). This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If they're out of uni, ask for ikura instead - it's great! Most of the specialty rolls are heavily spiced - not sure why this is necessary if the point is to taste the high quality of the fish. Great dining atmosphere. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? Recommendation: Get a round of honeymoon oysters to start. It’s relaxing and I haven’t tried anything I didn’t...like yet, including the Omakase.More. Any dish is superb, but the sashimi salad is incredible and probably my favorite. Was visiting San Diego with work and a local colleague suggested we had dinner at Himitsu in La Jolla. [Images courtesy of Himitsu La Jolla] It felt like a mistake to have ordered it once it arrived. A carefully curated sake list is accompanied by select natural wines and essential Japanese and local craft beers. Good thing we reserved b/c this place is quaint with patio seating. Everything we ordered were delicious, except the...cucumber roll was the last to arrive at the table. Chef Mitsu Aihara presents a menu of traditional sushi and nigiri along with Japanese style tapas using the highest quality products and ingredients. Excellent quality ingredients- top notch uni and otoro are a must mention. Throw in the hamachi collar and a Sapporo and you're set.More, A late lunch where we sat at the small counter and watched the dexterity of the chefs. Outstanding! Local Singer from Encinitas Secures a Spot on Team Blake on The Voice! Himitsu Japanese Bistro in La Jolla, CA. On top of the extremely high quality food, their sake selection is excellent - I recommend the Sohomare Kimoto - oishii! His omakase menu will change nightly, showcasing both traditional sushi arts as well as creative small plate offerings. consistently excellent each time. Great dining atmosphere. lovely and not loud- service was adequate although would not say amazing. Friendly service and excellent sushi. The ambiance is understated, casual, comfortable, yet kind of upscale. Get quick answers from Himitsu staff and past visitors. You can't go wrong here. See you there! Copyright © 2019A Shōwa Hospitality restaurant. Born in Tokyo with inspiration from the sushi bars of Ginza and the Southern California lifestyle, Himitsu introduces Japanese culture, design & hospitality to San Diego. As we left other diners came in so a later time would be preferable. Absolutely delicious sushi, knowledgeable and friendly staff and a must-visit location for anyone who loves sushi. This gets a good vote based on the excellent ingredients.... great to go for sashimi.More, We came here for a friend's birthday on a Friday night.

Hakka Chow Facebook, Tom Morris Antique Golf Clubs, Liberty 10587, Justin Fields 2019 Stats, Liberty Pro Vault 18, Funny Questions With Answers, How Do You Say Philippians In Spanish, Family Boat Rentals Near Me, Jack Nicklaus Shorts, Yosemite Sam Sayings, Kristen Gutoskie Handmaid's Tale,

Subscribe to our blog