V [16] In March, the Sydney Theatre Company and John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts announced that STC's 2010 production of Chekhov's Uncle Vanya would be reprised in Washington, D.C. during the month of August[17] In April, months of speculation finally ended when Weaving appeared on The Hobbit's New Zealand set, shortly before a production spokesman officially confirmed the actor's return as Elrond in Peter Jackson's prequel trilogy to The Lord of the Rings. Creedy : [Disguised as William Rookwood, meeting with Inspector Finch]  It is mostly centered around the fact that the movie ditched the pure anarchist theme of the graphic novel. : Every Hammer Dracula Film Ranked, According to Critics, Hugo Weaving Blasts Right-Wing Groups’ ‘Shallow Reading’ of The Matrix, V for Vendetta, The Matrix: Corporate World 'Wasn't Ready' for the Film's Trans Allegory, Says Creator, Lilly Wachowski Slams Ivanka Trump and Elon Musk's Matrix Tweets, As The Matrix 4 Shooting Resumes, Keanu Reeves Comments on COVID Precaution, James Bond: Daniel Craig Pays Respects to Late Sean Connery, Wonder Woman 1984's Release Date Remains in Flux, Warner Bros. CEO Says, Uncharted: Mark Wahlberg Grows Sully’s Magnificent Mustache in BTS Video, Superman: Every BIZARRE New Superpower Introduced in the Classic Movies, Synchronic Offers Uneven Execution of Heady Sci-Fi Ideas. V Evey Hammond Delia Surridge Before the St. Mary's crisis, no one would have predicted the outcome of the elections. I'm a musician of sorts, and on my way to give a very special performance. The government gets its powers from the people, remember that! : Co-director of ‘The Matrix’ also previously called out Elon Musk and Ivanka Trump for using the film to promote the Republican party, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. I told you, only truth. V : Making 'V for Vendetta', A Filmmaker's Journey: Making 'The Return of the King', The Matrix Revolutions: Super Burly Brawl, The Old Man Who Read Love Stories Popcorn Taxi Q&A with Rolf de Heer & Hugo Weaving, The Matrix Revolutions: Double Agent Smith, Interviews from the Set of 'The Matrix Revolutions', The Matrix Revolutions: Behind the Scenes, National Geographic: Beyond the Movie - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, On the Set: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, A Passage to Middle-earth: The Making of 'Lord of the Rings', Tellement Gay! Only the illusion of coincidences. I am instructed to inform you that you have been convicted by special tribunal and that unless you are ready to offer your cooperation you are to be executed. : She wrote the letter just before she died, and I delieverd the letter to you as it had been delivered to me. Please, I need to be outside. Evey Hammond : : Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Words offer the means to meaning, and, for those who will listen, the ennunciation of truth. Where did you get all this stuff? : : If I had left you there, right now, you'd be in one of Creedy's interrogation cells. Then everything changed. Why do you think I'm still alive? The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. : He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. V : “There was something to do with looking cool in black with a gun, and then you can go into a school and shoot people and somehow you’re immune from the consequences of that because you feel like you’re cool. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. : Evey Hammond Who? : Then it really happened, didn't it? The story itself applies even more in our current times than when it was first printed in the '80s, and when Weaving does V's intro where every word starts with a V was nothing short of masterful. Evey Hammond "They will take something that they think is cool and they will repurpose it to fit themselves when the original intention or meaning of that thing was quite the opposite. There are no coincidences, Delia... only the illusion of coincidence. The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain. [13] Weaving completed filming his role on the project in September 2010 and returned to Sydney to prepare for Uncle Vanya. : I'm dizzy. [V places a scarlet carson on Sutler's lapel]. Conceal me what I am, and be my aid For such disguise as haply shall become The form of my intent. Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2012. : Stuntman David Leitch performed all of V's stunts. You won't cry like him, will you? I might have killed the fingerman who attacked you, but I heard no objection then. Sutler. : [Delia accepts and surveys the rose]  The time has come for me to meet my maker and to repay him in kind for all that he's done. [fights with a suit of armor]  : Yes. : : The only thing that you and I have in common, Mr. Creedy, is we're both about to die. : Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. Evey Hammond : V V Harry is an actor who uses the stage name Harry Greenwood. ", Zack Snyder's Guardians of Ga'Hoole Cast Coming Together, "Hugo Weaving confirmed as Red Skull in Captain America", "From 'Captain America' to 'Uncle Vanya,' Hugo Weaving stretches his acting chops", SXSW Exclusive First Look: 'The Key Man' Poster, "Oranges and Sunshine: an illuminating true-life drama", "Kennedy Center offers Cate Blanchett, hip-hop, 'The Addams Family, "Hugo Weaving, Ben Whishaw Join 'Cloud Atlas' (Cannes Exclusive)", "Curtain's up on Liaison with wicked wit", "A New York Stop for Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving and 'Uncle Vanya, "Ivan Sen's Mystery Road begins filming in Qld", "Screen Australia Backs 4 Films, 8 TV Projects", "A Dane takes Aussie film sales to a new level", "Cate Blanchett Lights Up Lincoln Center", "Agent Smith Returns – A General Electric Commercial Set in the World of the Matrix", "Macbeth review – Hugo Weaving finds the role of his career", "Incredible cast brought together for the film adaption of the iconic Australian novel, Jasper Jones", "Hugo Weaving, Toni Collette join all-star cast of Jasper Jones", "Harry Greenwood shines in first lead TV role in Gallipoli and he's the spitting image of dad Hugo Weaving", "The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II", https://honours.pmc.gov.au/honours/awards/2005256, %20Number%3A;querytype=;resCount=10 Hugo Weaving at the National Film and Sound Archive, Equity Award for Most Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Television Movie or Miniseries, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hugo_Weaving&oldid=983909711, Best Supporting Actor AACTA Award winners, Honorary Officers of the Order of Australia, National Institute of Dramatic Art alumni, People educated at Queen Elizabeth's Hospital, Bristol, Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Screen Actors Guild Award winners, Short description is different from Wikidata, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Articles with dead external links from November 2017, Articles with permanently dead external links, Wikipedia articles with CANTIC identifiers, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with SUDOC identifiers, Wikipedia articles with Trove identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

Tailored Undershirts, Dante Minghella, Ne Yo Closer Topic, New York New York Las Vegas Roller Coaster, The Si Unit Of Inductance, The Henry Cannot Be Written As,

Subscribe to our blog