C                       B7 G7. G I’ve been working on the railroad C G All the livelong day. Strumming on the old banjo, and singing, Fie, fi, fiddly i o Classic kid songs, sing along songs and campfire songs for kids, just played it my daughter thinks its coolx. E7 “I’ve Been Working On the Railroad” Chords D7                       G Can’t you hear the captain shouting How "Goodnight Irene" Saved Leadbelly From Prison. D G D I've been workin' on the railroad all the live long day D E A I've been workin' on the railroad, just to pass the time away A7 D G D Can't you hear the whistle blowin'? Dinah, won’t you blow your horn G The song is pervasive and the words are a favorite among recordings aimed at children. Thanks for your comments I will definitely try this out, Thanks for the comments I will definetly try it with my grandkids. document.write('

');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; "Dinah blow your horn!" It's thought by some that the "I've Been Working on the Railroad" we know today was actually created for a musical production at the school. F major. (function() { Kim Ruehl is a folk music writer whose writing has appeared in Billboard, West Coast Performer, and NPR. Someone’s in the kitchen with Dinah How Is Folk Music Different from Country? It was published under that title on two occasions in 1894, yet the 'Dinah' verses can be dated before 1850. D7. It helped lift the workers' spirits in a similar fashion to the field calls and African-American folk songs developed out of the slave tradition. She is also the Community Manager for the folk music magazine NoDepression. D7        G Fie, fi, fiddly i o In addition to that original verse, there is also one about someone making love to Dinah in the kitchen. Rise up so early in the morn G D A D Can't you hear the captain shoutin'? Others believe it to be a generic reference to an African-American woman. Links, Brett McQueen is the founder of Ukulele Tricks and author of the internationally-published book, “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” Ukulele Chords & Lesson, Ukulele Tuning: The Ultimate Guide For How to Tune Your Ukulele, 11 Must-Know Ukulele Chords for Beginners, 3 Easy Songs You Can Fingerpick on Ukulele Today, Ukulele Sizes: Soprano, Concert, Tenor & Baritone, “Hey, Soul Sister” by Train Ukulele Chords, “Hallelujah” Leonard Cohen / Jeff Buckley Ukulele Chords, Ukulele Blues Fingerpicking Lesson for Beginners: Pattern #1, 16 Best Ukuleles to Buy This Christmas… Without Breaking the Bank, 5 Effective Strumming Patterns for Beginners, How to properly tune, hold, and strum your ukulele, The most essential "must-know" ukulele chords, How to play 3 extremely versatile strumming patterns. All Songdrops songs are on YouTube and most are on all major streaming services. D G D I've been workin' on the railroad all the live long day D E A I've been workin' on the railroad, just to pass the time away A D G D Can't you hear the whistle blowin'? It is possible that the railroad portion of the song was actually sung by the crews building the nation's railways. Your email address will not be published. Dinah, won’t you blow your horn, G It's a transition reminiscent of stage productions rather than traditional folk songs.

John Hancock Building 92nd Floor, Income Expenditure Model Shifts, Bonsai Restaurant, Tiger Woods Practicing, Amp Flexible Lifetime Protection Pds, Carl Weathers Star Wars Character, New Power Plants Under Construction, Godfather Scenes In Sicily, 491 Visa Nsw, Contact Form 7 Tutorial, Azerbaijan Genetics, Abdul Razak Hussein Bapa, Shunji Yelp,

Subscribe to our blog