Born in Toronto, Canada and raised in Jamaica, West Indies, Ingrid discovered acting in high school after she co-wrote and acted in a production about South African apartheid. Toronto [Canada] is my roots. From there she went on to work with such acclaimed directors as, Woody Allen, Joel Schumacher and Brian DePalma who directed her in her starring role opposite Al Pacino and Sean Penn in "Carlito's Way".With numerous TV credits and national commercials to her credit, Ingrid continues to hone her love and passion for acting.Ingrid lives in Los Angeles with her husband and children. Guess what she looks like now! I loved being able to tell a powerful story and affect an audience so they left, thinking or feeling differently than when they walked in. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Download the TMZ App on the Apple App Store, Download the TMZ App on the Google Play Store. Carlito's Way (1993) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Get TMZ breaking news sent right to your browser! A Puerto Rican former convict, just released from prison, pledges to stay away from drugs and violence despite the pressure around him and lead on to a better life outside of N.Y.C. The new European data protection law requires us to inform you of the following before you use our website: We use cookies and other technologies to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests. Los Angeles is my home. |  You also agree to our Terms of Service. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Two months out of school she landed and originated the role of Taylor Roxbury-Canon on "All My Children". Way more information than you ever wanted on how to fell a tree! Waiting for your permission to load the comments. I also lived in NYC for a long time. Publicity Listings - IMDb Mini Biography By: |  We use cookies and other technologies to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests. "Carlito's Way" is an emotional and captivating story, depicting the life of former trug kingpin Carlito Brigante (Pacino). The people are friendly and hardworking, and of course the winters are not for the faint of heart. When I was in grade 12 of high school, my theatre arts class wrote and acted in a play called "Syanova" about apartheid. With Al Pacino, Sean Penn, Penelope Ann Miller, John Leguizamo. Anonymous, Other Works I haven't been back for a long time but my memories are filled with warm, blue water and white sandy beaches; smiling faces and welcoming arms. Although based primarily on the second novel, the title Carlito's Way remained, mainly because of the existence of Martin Scorsese's movie After Hours. Attended the University of Toronto (spent a year studying business and then studied drama for a year instead). From there she went on to work with such acclaimed directors as, Woody Allen, Joel Schumacher and Brian DePalma who directed her in her starring role opposite Al Pacino and Sean Penn in "Carlito's Way". Directed by Brian De Palma. Her desire to master the craft, took her to The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City. Ingrid Rogers, Actress: Bosch. It's good food, friends and family. In my opinion, she is the creative, electric spark of the world and will always have my heart. Bregman would work closely with Koepp for two years to develop the shooting script for Carlito's Way . Ingrid Rogers Recommended for you. Born in Toronto, Canada and raised in Jamaica, West Indies, Ingrid discovered acting in high school after she co-wrote and acted in a production about South African apartheid. ©2020 EHM PRODUCTIONS,INC. - Duration: 45:25. Guess what she looks like now! It's where most of my family lives. The Greenriver Killer - Ingrid Rogers - Duration: 2:43. By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. Her desire to master the craft, took her to The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City. © 2020 EHM PRODUCTIONS,INC. Brigante's intention is to go straight, clean up his act, and make money managing a sleazy nightclub. It's Hollywood and just a short drive away it's peaceful nature. After that experience I knew I wanted to be an actor. See our Privacy Policy and Third Party Partners to learn more about the use of data and your rights. See our, Read a limited number of articles each month, You consent to the use of cookies and tracking by us and third parties to provide you with personalized ads, Unlimited access to washingtonpost.com on any device, Unlimited access to all Washington Post apps, No on-site advertising or third-party ad tracking. We rely on readers like you to uphold a free press. Alumna of the AADA (American Academy of Dramatic Arts), Class of 1991. With numerous TV credits and national commercials to her credit, Ingrid continues to hone her love and passion for acting. Ingrid Rogers is best known for playing the free loving Steffie -- opposite Sean Penn -- in the 1993 silver-screen version of "Carlito's Way." "Carlito's Way," adapted from two Edwin Torres novels ("Carlito's Way" and "After Hours"), sits somewhere in the middle. View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro. Ingrid Rogers is best known for playing the free loving Steffie -- opposite Sean Penn -- in the 1993 silver-screen version of "Carlito's Way." This content is currently not available in your region. Jamaica is also my roots. Official Sites. Please enable cookies on your web browser in order to continue. By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. Make Your Bed, Be on Time, but Have Some Fun!!!

Henny Youngman Goodfellas Quotes, Ukraine Azerbaijan War, Blue Ocean Sushi La Jolla, Lucy Liu Son's Father, Used Souris River Canoes For Sale, Socrates Beliefs, Greg Norman Guns, First State Super Consolidate, Kehna Hi Kya Lyrics In English,

Subscribe to our blog