Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips. Learn how your comment data is processed. I can “rapid fire” my .44 accurately. 40 grains (by volume) of black powder (1000 fps or better) is a healthy thump, and the smoke screen is free. I did this. Toggle navigation Fooducate. They’re both old-timey revolver rounds that have been eclipsed by more powerful rounds. I always get a kick out of coming up to the gun counter and asking for .45 colt and the clerk responds with “you mean .45 long colt.” I’m always tempted to respond with “no, .45 short colt” just to see how dense they are, but alas I was brought up to keep things civil. If you don’t get it’s not for you. Two years later Army units began adopting the Smith & Wesson Schofield Revolver for use as an alternate sidearm. Easily hundreds MORE dollars for a gun that does what my current guns do. My only option for carry is a concealed carry vest, which works perfectly. That’s alright, given many consider the company's Third Generation SAA revolver (MSRP $1,799) perhaps better made than any preceding it. Much stronger toggle designs than the originals, smooth action, and lots of aftermarket support for better sights, short stroke kits, etc. The .44 magnum has more offerings for hunting/self defense loads. I really like the Raspberry Watermelon and could make peace with the Blueberry Pomegranate if I had to. Some of the +P loadings for .45 Colt can get ridiculous. You can even get a Walker Colt repro and convert it…if you don’t mind a pistol the size of your arm. Samuel Colt was at the epicenter. Lots of empty space in a cartridge can be problematic though. Required fields are marked *. Thought for sure he’d have pointed out a dozen historical errors by now. Gotta save up for a while though. https://www.johnlinebaughcustomsixguns.com/. While either term is correct, 45 Long Colt was really just a nickname. Unfortunately, the revolver used a shorter proprietary cartridge that soon created a problem of logistics. Ride them horses to freedom. I generally see .45 Colt as the “special” version of .454 or .460 and it works great for cheap practice ammo for pistols chambered in those calibers. Its a perfect woods gun, and very easy shooting loads with 255gr lead SWC at 1000fps don’t bounce off of anything either. And I mean that. My S&W Governor is one of my favorite firearms. There’s sooooo much room in a .45 Colt case, it’s not remotely funny. Not much 44 Spl, but not much 45 LC either, especially if you break it down between cowboy, hunting and anti-personnel loads. I’ve loved them all and they all work well for their intended purpose. The results will not be pretty. Most iterations of the Woodsman also came with some pretty nifty features, such as fully adjustable rear sights, last shot hold open and thumb rest. That because gun weighs 46 ounces. It might also be a functional option for use in some of those troublesome .45 Colt lever guns. I have a big decision to make! Personalized health review for Colt 45 Malt Liquor: 150 calories, nutrition grade (N/A), problematic ingredients, and more. If you want a .45LC that will safely fire at such high pressures, I would suggest you call John Linebaugh. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em. How much more proof do you need? ©COPYRIGHT 2020, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I have Pietta 1873 SAA with a 4.75″ barrel. I have a Vaquero 3″ birdhead grips in .45 LC and a rossi lever gun in the same, but would hate to be regulated down to them. I blame the war on guns into making everyone so edgy about anything involving this topic. 45 colt out of a 454 as well as 460. A cherished memory is shooting .a single action .45 Colt with my favorite uncle. Speaking of ACP, some .45 Colt revolvers come with machined cylinders, allowing them to accept moon clips and fire .45 ACP if desired. They sure do look purty. It’s a shame they aren’t still made. Honestly I’m more a fan of .357, and if I did get a large bore gun it would probably be a .44 magnum. And now the 40 is going the way of the DoDo. Please explain to me the process for safely removing a live primer from a cartridge case for reuse in another – I’d be extremely interested to hear how that’s performed! Anyhow, if you have the bank account to chase a Python you certainly won’t be disappointed; the .357 Magnum lives up to its billing. We reserve the right to delete off-topic or inflammatory comments. Halfway through Sunday night's tasting, I was convinced I'd found a new favorite cheap buzz for what threatens to be a long, hot, broke summer, but my enthusiasm cooled as the night wore on. And, a more sedate load straight out of the Hornady manual is a 2400 and 250gr XTP at 1200fps as well. 9MM, .357Mag, and .22LR for pistols and revolvers. £62 50. Some people get easily confused, and you don’t want somebody trying to shove ACP into a SAA. I have been advised that the brass manufacturer Star-Line is making a new style of brass for Speedbump Stockworks, which special ordered it after purchasing the rights to the proprietary case from Bruce Young. There is a kind of smile that gets imprinted on your face when you fire 1/2 ounce of lead at 1000+ FPS. While the gunmaker offers a number of choices (including AR-10s, if that’s your groove), arguably the LE6920 is among the best – even measured against other manufacturers. They will hit the used market to join the the many millions more in existence out there. With the FBI and the DoD both independently choosing 9MM over every other round within about a year’s time, it’ll affect LE’s choices faster than you might think. I might have to sell my .308 actually, it’s not near as nice as his old Savage. I’m a .45 Colt fan for about one month of the year – November. A true, out-of-the-box 1911 for the competitor. Too bad I ran out of money! At least here in Wyoming, you can find .45 Colt ammo easily..45 Colt brass is easily available. .451 diameter is a hit while a .429 hole could be a miss as well as a bigger hole allows blood bleed out faster. The full-house rounds also get .44 Magnum performance with about 80 percent of the chamber pressure. An early 1900s design, it required a lot of machining and hand-fitting. Smith & Wesson offered the 45 Colt chambering in their N-Frame revolvers as well. That’s the .45 S&W, which is sometimes called the .45 Schofield or-infrequently-the .45 Short Colt. (Same kool-aid – different flavor – for the 40 S&W being a has-been round, but I’ll save that argument for later.). It’s a great powder. ” Nostalgia is the only thing keeping the .45 Colt around.”, If gun rights go south, .45 Colt was developed in the black powder era. The Colt IQ Network connects 900+ data centres across Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs, with over 29,000 on net buildings and growing. And this dude runs a business? Some comments may be held for manual review. Ha. The first thing to know about .45 Colt is that – much like some of the aforementioned older cartridges – the march of time has made it far more diverse. Must be a mighty young man Who ask that question. And, with a few exceptions, Colt still manufacturers all of them, making it fairly simple to add one of the classics to your gun safe. I sold it to get a Nimrod Blackhawk from Mr. Bowen when the recoil of the Redhawk helped induce a AD somewhere around strait up. Check out a timeline of our history. £65 00. nutrition grade N/A . Once again the history books proved that. Getting trashed couldn’t come easier. Well, almost its beginning. So yes, it is still my favorite new way to get drunk fast and cheap, but I just don't have as much call for that kind of thing as I used to. As of today it’s “old west” aficionados or folks looking specifically for hunting/trail defense that get the introduction to the caliber. I have only fired single actions of that intensity since. Beg to differ sir 350 grain hammer head out to 1150 t0 1200 ft per second will make the 44 mag like a +p 38 special. The “Long Colt” appellation caught on more because of that, I think, than the other .45 rounds extant at that time, but I wasn’t there, so I could well be wrong. Mike has written over 2000 articles for a number of magazines, websites and newsletters including Blade, RECOIL, OFF-GRID, Tactical Officer, SWAT, Tactical World, Gun Digest, Examiner.com and the US Concealed Carry Association as well as AmmoLand Shooting Sports News. but if a big-bore revolver is in your future, don’t overlook something drilled for .45 Colt. Our mission is to transform the way the world works through the power of connectivity. The longer rounds were being shipped to units that were armed with the M1875 Schofields and the end result was that the longer rounds would not chamber in these revolvers.

Neal E Boyd Death Cause, Hitman: Absolution Ps4, Wakefield And Associates Address, Cardano Reddit, Atari Ottawa Fire, Gyton Grantley Father, Bulgaria Enemies, Types Of Temperature, Power Outage Kalamazoo,

Subscribe to our blog