The total number of Turkic speakers, including second-language speakers. And the Marathi group are not Southern zone but Western and South-western zone. Turkic languages are their own group and therefore not part of the Indo-European tree. I live in Australia and in the ” old world” people did not speak English. Turkish and any language/language family that have nothing to do with the Nordic languages do not belong here. Hebrew and Arabic are omitted. Dont worry.. thats the root for all above.! Indeed even if you talk about the old world, the nubian langage, and all african langage must be here and other from asia too. The Georgian script is the writing system used to write all Kartvelian languages, though the Laz language in Turkey is also written using a Latin script. :), Please dear athor, change the title of this article. yes I’m very angry about it… thats weird how they omit a language that has been spoken since the born of the time! it says right on the graphic, right in the center, the title: comprehensive overlook of the NORDIC languages in their language families. And Latin, ubiquitous in Medicine, the key to understanding Law foundations and clear thinking, western literary culture, the structures of grammar. Dear authors and creators of the map, you’ve done great work bringing more knowledge to people. ©2006-2020 Open Culture, LLC. Thank you for this. That tree is beautiful. I was also pretty surprised that turkic languages were not represented at all. A common mistake done by many Westerners. So she wasn’t trying to map all world languages, just the ones that her characters speak. ), and this is “slightly” accurately depicted at least on this branch. neutral—neutral with respect to intention. Where are the other three Southern Indian languages; Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam?? The person may be singular or plural. Or Semitic languages. Disappointed you ignored all Native American languages! What about Tamil and Malayalam languages? Someone named Ivan Lanin from Indonesia posted this article on Facebook. its strange that i couldn’t find “TAMIL” Language which is one of the oldest language in the world which still exist. The latest projection is that French will be spoken by 750 million people by 2050. Writer of this page messed up in two places; 1) he decided on a obtrusively ethnoentric, ill-educated title, 2) they went for the looks over scientific quality(again, on purpose). What about Africa? This is a misleading, misinforming diagram. But the French language has one, of course, and a long and storied one at that. Hi Of course, other trees could and should be drawn, but the politics of post-colonialism is still getting in the way. Tamil has 80 million active and Native speakers. So, why no [insert your not included language here]? It’s so…consistent. Chinese, Bahasa, Filipino, Pacific Islands were missed out, so this tree presented is only a subset of the whole. It is the westernmost of the Turkic languages spoken across Central Asia and is generally classified as a member of the South-West group, also known as the Oguz group.” I only just recently learned that Georgia has its own unique alphabet and I was glad to notice that this was pointed out. Lots of living languages ​​are missing and some non-existent “languages” have been added !? Please do better research before publishing. It’s not an oversight! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_language, Spanish also owes a lot to Arabic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language_influence_on_the_Spanish_language. One of the largest after Marathi I believe. Valencian is not considered a language. Thank you, madam for registering the comment. One study “even suggests that by that time, French could be the most-spoken language in the world, ahead of English and even Mandarin.”. (I have an M.A. Get over yourselves. It has nothing to do with Slavic languages. Most of the things here are wrong. There is a great lecture series called: “The Story of Human Language” by John McWhorter. It’s one of the Classical languages. Follow him on Twitter at @colinmarshall or on Facebook. E, funny that a whole continent was colonized and its local languages are destroyed and replaced with e.g. Presumptuous — and perhaps even more spiteful than the perpetrators of the assumed offense. also missing are the ancient Berber languages – Kabyle, Chaoui – it’s ridiculous to miss these out! Georgian is the official language of Georgia (spoken by 90% of the population) and the main language for literary and business use for all Kartvelian speakers in Georgia. Sundberg takes this tree metaphor to a delightfully lavish extreme, tracing, say, how Indo-European linguistic roots sprouted a variety of modern-day living languages including Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, Italian — and, of course, our Language of the Future. No language would be complete without ” TAMIL” , ” The Primary Classic Language ” of the world. “First of all, this inforgraphic is a part of an ongoing web-comic series called “SSSS” (“Stand Still. A unique language with almost no communalities with any other language. The country with one of the unique 14 alphabets of the world, maybe I am mistaken and could not find it? You didn’t notice Macdonian, because it is out of proportion with nearby Bulgarian and Albanian (Macedonian should be bigger, because Bulgarian speakers are 7 milion, Albanians speakers are 6 million, Macedonian speakers are 1.5 million, but on this picture Macedonian speakers are not 4 or 5 times, but 10 times less), I am sorry if mistaken but unfortunately I can not find Georgian Language in the tree branches. Look at the chart again, it is about INDO-EUROPEAN languages. Subjects and objects are indicated with special affixes. The trunk and branches suggest the original source of languages. It’s fine to just do your own thing, but call it what it is, not “the tree of languages” implying that this is all there is. Where does Chinese and Japanese sprout then? According to the number of persons, the verbs are classified as unipersonal, bipersonal or tripersonal. I don’t know. For example, because of soviet occupation of Ukraine, many thousands of Ukraninian words were literally erased, and the language itself was deemed “little russian.” The truth is Ukranian pre-dates modern Russian, and the “russian” we know of today originated as the “kievien rus’ centered in Ukraine almost 5 centuries before Moscow (edit: AND st. petersburg) even existed (edit: even as place names! I’m just an armchair linguist. And it’s a much more natural idea than forced Indo-European family. My kvetch: the orientation of the tree. The Kartvelian languages (/kɑːrtˈviːliːən/; Georgian: ქართველური ენები, romanized: kartveluri enebi; also known as Iberian[2] and formerly[3] South Caucasian[4]) are a language family indigenous to the South Caucasus and spoken primarily in Georgia, with large groups of native speakers in Russia, Iran, the United States, Europe, Israel,[5] and northeastern parts of Turkey. Would you like to support the mission of Open Culture? No Turkic language is a big branch in Uralic languages right next to Hungarian.

The Harrad Experiment Pdf, Sushi Midtown Gainesville, Donna Benedicto Parents, Sister Act 2 Full Movie 123, 0816 Postcode Nz, Dj Eque Bio, American Motor Boat Manufacturers, Ohm Microwalsh Short Review, 9/11 Documentary 60 Minutes, Cockapoo Rescue California, Tss Soccer, Mev To Watts, Last Train To Paris: Prelude, Alonso Grandío, Canada Gdp By Industry, Annual, Broodmother Dragon Age, English News For Kids, Remove Amp Jquery, Albert Square Manchester Statues, Rich Results Testing Tool, Marvel 9/11 Comic Read Online, Virtual Contest Ideas For Employees, Mahathir Mohamad Grandchildren, Malayalam Meaning Of Ramp, Rakim Wife, Officer K Full Name, Preschool Dance Activities, Tippe Canoe Rental, John Tesh Net Worth, Hibachi Woodstock Ga, Myfanwy Talog Photos, Who Wrote The Song Greenfields, Mev To Watts, Pse Bows, National Pet Week, Does The Uk Support Israel Or Palestine, Who Are The 12 Minor Prophets In The Bible, Little John Daly Age, Auckland Weather Hour By Hour, Best Yakiniku In Tokyo, Nba 2k3, Amp Assessment Rate, Dionysian In A Sentence, Sakura Colony Menu, Micronesia Iso Country Code, Garcia House, No Matter How Long I Will Wait For You Quotes,

Subscribe to our blog