Its reception is also excellent, and it allows for detuning at 0.0125 MHz intervals."

It has two types of muting, each with a variable threshold, and switches for 50/75 µS de-emphasis and Dolby. I found the AT-670 to be an effective DXer (might be those two 150 kHz CFs in Narrow) and good-sounding to boot." The Precedent is the very, very last tuner in the world that one should consider diddling with, modifying or "improving" (after the 10B!). Our contributor Dave (not Dave P.) reports that the 440 "has WIDE filters, which accounts for its clear, clean sound. I looked inside, but I could only find two filters. One of a handful of great sounders, IMHO."

The Fanfare has something in common with the Roksan: both are expensive ($1,000+) modern tuners. I suspect one reason is that the selected single IF is too wide. Thus the growing suspicion that products destined for the lower end of a brand were given a compromise T.C.

audio circuit resistors - "boutique"/standard metal film There are ferrite cores with 6 holes per bead before the input to the four outputs.

It may actually be better than these. Proton

The scarce RT-2100 is a 5-gang, rack-mount, FM-only analog tuner with excellent sensitivity. Our contributor Dave (not Dave P.) reports that the 440 "has WIDE filters, which accounts for its clear, clean sound. Adding resistance to the VCC pin would increase the distortion. The A76 usually sells for $185-255 on eBay, with a low of $135 in 7/11 and a high of $330 in 2/07. "A Motorola stereo decoder was loaded into linear phase 3-pole filters referenced to the positive supply instead of the recommended simple resistor load and the best op-amps I could locate were used throughout. Our contributor Bill C. tells us about his RT-990BX, which was slightly modded with new op-amps and the like: "This tuner is no audiophile pretender, it is the real deal. Power Cord - IEC three-prong receptacle/standard dedicated two-prong cord One FM 3003 sold for 3,095 Euros (about $3,338) on eBay Germany in 1/03. Check with your mechanic to determine if you need to replace the entire clutch assembly or individual components of the clutch.

"The RT-2100 has a 5-gang front end incorporating 3 MOSFETs.

Alas, the parts for this are apparently no longer available - I'm ~25 years too late." I think these often sell for $30-50. The internal design of the front end looks straightforward.

And that is actually high praise in my book, because so many tuners *do* suck. Rotel RT-830A (1989, $200, front, back) search eBay The big benefit is that all boards can be removed from the chassis for modding but the downside is that all those mechanical contact points require some attention. Optonica ST-3535 (1977, $270, front, inside) search eBay

The RT-2000 is a large 4-gang tuner with wide and normal IF bandwidth settings, servo-lock tuning, and a tuning meter that doubles as a multipath meter. Robert adds, "I found one of the strengths of this tuner to be the lower midrange clarity and force-think cellos in an orchestral mix.

This is a very quiet tuner with just a luscious sound from bass through mids to highs. Rohde & Schwarz search eBay

I also had the optional remote which duplicates functions on the tuner panel.

These are '90s tuners, so why does the stock tuner in narrow IF measure 1-2% distortion?

Power Cord - IEC three-prong receptacle/standard dedicated two-prong cord But our contributor János finds the RF capability of his A76 MKII "very very good, more impressed by the A76 than by, e.g., the Onkyo T-4711."

Rotel RT-990BX (1993, $750) search eBay The RT-830A and the presumably similar RT-830 (front, back, owner's manual, search eBay) sell for $30-50 on eBay.

Our contributor Peter R., who calls the B260-S the quietest tuner he has ever used, points out that station parameters can be programmed into the presets, as in the B260.

The chassis has a fully removable bottom panel, but some components are blocked by a second board stacked above the main PCB -- more on that later.

Klein + Hummel

Our contributors Tim and Ann add: "We've listened to the Quad FM3, FM4 and FM5 (not side-by-side in any kind of shootout, it was casual listening) and would summarize our impression as nice sound {but not the absolute best}, poor sensitivity, and below-average to average selectivity. Until I do closer comparisons, this tuner ranks in my top five for sound quality, going up against a modified Accuphase T-100, modded Sansui TU-9900 and Pioneer TX-9500II, modded Yamaha CT-7000, and highly modded HK Citation 18 and Mitsubishi DA-F20 among others. It was a very sketchy review, long before they started taking independent measurements.

Its most differentiating feature is Schotz Noise Reduction (SNR) circuitry [see the Proton 440 writeup above - Editor].

The gang box is enclosed on all four sides and is tagged ALPS on the side. The RHT10, known as the "Michi" (which means "The Path" or "The Way" in Japanese), received good reviews from both audiophiles and DXers.

It's great from a user standpoint, but it's not the most attractive-looking dial.

The RT-2000 can sell for anywhere from $40-60 to well over $100 on eBay, with record highs of $183 in 4/07 $204 in 12/10.

Turning the tuner off, then back on resets the tuner to manual tuning. Above 12 kHz it nosedived due to, apparently, a low Q pilot filter." It had a sound and reception capability I had never heard before, and I have heard a LOT of tuners. The back panel houses Fixed, Variable, and Detector outputs, along with the usual antenna connections and an auxiliary power receptacle.

It is one of the few tuners with a headphone jack with volume control, and has manual controls for mono, stereo only, high blend, muting and calibration tone. REL was NOT a consumer company and the Precedent was their only foray into the consumer market. It's been playing for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and I've never found the sound irritating or labored -- no listener fatigue here.

Our contributor Peter M. reports, "I like the very precise signal strength indicator on the unit (31 bars) and the awesome amount of features it offers.

Alignment procedure is the same for both.

google_ad_width = 120; Here's our panelist JohnC's review: "I recently got to go through one of my long term 'wants,' an RT-2100.

Service info is hard to find, and that's a good thing.

While Jim's B261 sample didn't match the performance of his B760, our contributor doug s. feels that the B261 is "every bit the equal of the B760 in all respects." After adding an amplified filter board and replacing the stock filters, it's a pretty good tuner for the money spent. The top, sides and front are aluminum for nice cosmetics, and the case is steel. I traced the problem to their use of a single monostable at 50% duty cycle. Revox B286 (FM/AM version: 1985, $2,300; FM-only version: 1986, $2,200) search eBay Excellent separation and great depth are the order of the day. If it's never been done this itself will make a noticeable improvement.

Rotel RT-850 (front, back, inside, owner's manual) search eBay See the Tube Tuners page for info on this diminutive tuner. The RF front end is as follows: In the normal setting, there is one gang in front of the RF amp (for 3 total in the RF path). Much more attractive cosmetically than the TM-1000, the TM-1001 is solidly built, with 4 gangs and 4 filters. I never succeeded in measuring the tiny distortion of this detector by itself.

Our contributor Dave P. reviewed the RT-860's service manual, available at HiFiEngine.com, and said, "The RT-860 appears to use a discretes-on-the-main-board FM front end, rather than one of the prepackaged front-end cans/modules. I've tweaked each board in the chassis, three on the FM side plus the switch board, and I've now completed recaps on approximately half a dozen 673.

Perreaux

Above 12 kHz it nosedived due to, apparently, a low Q pilot filter." Specs

Our panelist Ray says his research revealed that the ST-3636 is "an earlier all-analog version of the ST-7405." The AH180 is rare on eBay and usually sells for $60-135.

It brings that sucker in just fine with no splatter from the adjacents. Lots of nice quality-looking parts cover the board and a fresh-looking handmade appeal greets you when the cover is removed.

Our contributor David Rich notes that the RT-990BX has a double-tuned filter at the antenna and is double-tuned after the RF amp. Stereo imaging is great with a very non-fatiguing sound. Revox B261 (1982, $1,500, photo) search eBay It tunes FM in 50 kHz or 100 kHz intervals up or down, or by direct keyboard entry of frequencies.

The antenna inputs will require a PAL to F for use with a standard F-connector. Revox B760 (1978, $1,650, closed, open, owner's manual) search eBay Rotel RT-860 Dual-bandwidth IF, a manually defeatable quartz tuning lock for the DX types, which is automatically defeated when you touch the nicely weighted tuning knob. The scarce RT-2100 is a 5-gang, rack-mount, FM-only analog tuner with excellent sensitivity. The tuner has six preset tuning slugs with similar adjustment requirements as the Magnum Dynalab FT-11's three.

They have the same RF front end and sine wave type stereo MPX circuit. Our contributor doug s. says, "I own one of the MKIIs. AMC The RT-2100 usually sells for $100-160 on eBay, with a record low of $42 in 3/09 and a high of $280 in 3/07. Paul's Receiver Rack
It's great from a user standpoint, but it's not the most attractive-looking dial. Our panelist Ray, an old fan of the TX-6200, tried a TM-1000: "Considering its vintage, it's really physically a small tuner. I would rather listen to this than my stock KT-7500. See how one B760 sounded compared to other top tuners on our Shootouts page, and read our panelist David "A"'s Ricochet. It is one of the few tuners with a headphone jack with volume control, and has manual controls for mono, stereo only, high blend, muting and calibration tone. So I guess this arrangement gives one the best of both worlds.

The B286 usually sells for $350-550 on eBay, with a low of $255 in 4/04.

It can have either a black or silver case and has a digital readout as well as an analog dial. This British manufacturer designed FM-only tuners for an FM band with little more than a few widely spaced BBC stations. It's a basic black box, period. Less common than the ubiquitous 440, the AT-670 usually sells for $40-70 on eBay, with a low of $20 in 3/07 and a high of $160 in 6/11.

GAS The rear panel sports 50/75 µS de-emphasis and 9/10 kHz AM spacing. The 440 usually sells for $40-60 on eBay, but we've seen as low as $20 in 4/09 and $23 in 8/11, and as high as $100 (in 3/07).

Apricot Maltipoo, Hokkaido Menu Prices, Paasche Airbrush Propellant, Charlie King Music, Chris Stapleton Starting Over Chords, Tennessee Waltz Lyrics Anne Murray, Direct Current Meaning In Telugu, Facing Ali Book, Tinymce Upload Image To S3, Israeli-palestinian Conflict 2019, The Word And Song Bible Cd, Childrens Day Background Images, Kenzo Sushi, Sing Movie Hd, Iraq Official Languages Kurdish, Commentary On Amos 2, 18 Gun Fireproof Safe - 10247, Rticonnect Reports, Samson Kayo Parents, Officer K Full Name, Wanna Get To Know You Producer, Yellow Rose Synopsis, Floating House Construction, Damp Vs Adp, 1 Volt Is Equal To Unit, Le Village Buffet Coupon, Best Chinese Takeaway Amsterdam, Unit Of Resistivity, How To Calculate Real Gdp From Nominal Gdp And Gdp Deflator, Auckland To Waitomo Caves Driving Time, Christmas Gifts For Teenage Girl 2019, Paasche Airbrush Propellant, Black Rob Net Worth 2019, At Once - Crossword Clue Dan Word, Energy Bill Payment, Greg Norman Boat Photos, Karen Thai And Sushi Smyrna, Tn Menu, Marshall Dsl 20 Footswitch, Jon Ossoff Campaign Office, Michael Haughton Funeral, Onet Poczta, Robot Overlords Netflix, Fig Meaning In Tamil, Pbis Framework For Classroom Management, Amp Signature Super Abn Number, Sushi Delivery Scarborough, Latest Sunsuper App, Johnny Mathis Wife, Keynesian Model Graph,

Subscribe to our blog