https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/lemon-shoo-fly/105261, Get Detailed Nutrition Facts on Any Recipe. It is one of Edna Stabler’s recipes from Food That Really Schmecks.

NOTE: If using store bought pie crusts you should buy the deep dish type for this pie, and if you are making your own then make for the large country ceramic pie plates as a regular pie shell will not hold this pie. This recipe is from the Mennonite Community Cookbook that's older than me & given to me by my mother. Remove from heat: stir in remaining ingredients, Server warm over shoofly pie. I love the kitchen photo. Calories per serving: Groetjes Gerda. Makes three 8 inch pies.

One day years ago we were given a recipe for Gooey Shoofly Pie with Lemon Sauce, and that has been the pie we like ever since.

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. It looks complicated, but you can keep using the same bowl for each step. I saw a few other versions posted, but none were like this one. Put into preheated 400 degree oven, for 10 minutes, Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 50 minutes.

Het is een lekkernij voor mensen die echt van zoet houden. When looking at the recipe you might think what is easy about it?

1 cup Molasses (dark black strap or milder ) also have made with Sorghum Molasses. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add molasses. Lemon Shoo Fly recipe: Try this Lemon Shoo Fly recipe, or contribute your own. Juice of one Lemon or  1  1/2  tablespoons bottle Lemon Juice (according to taste). Sprinkle crumbs on top. This delicious sensation has been a favorite dessert served on many Amish families’ tables for many years. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

Born, raised & still residing in Lancaster County Amish/PA Dutch Country this is as authentic as it gets.

Deze lemon merinque pie was snel op en ze zaten allemaal met gesloten ogen te genieten, ééntje zei zelfs :hier wil ik voor sterven:-):-):-)) Groot succes dus, bedankt voor je heerlijke recepten, geniet er echt van en deel lekker uit, anders groei ik dicht. Total Carbohydrate Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Pour 1/3 of the liquid into an unbaked crust. ( Log Out /  Change ). Cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens and is clear.
Beantwoorden.

Try visiting this page in a Javascript-enabled browser: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/lemon-shoo-fly/105261. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Posted to recipelu-digest by ncanty@juno.com (Nadia I Canty) on Mar 6, 1998. Bake at 350? What would you serve with this? Put 1/2 syrup into an unbaked pie shell, then add 1/2 of crumbs.

Combine sugar and flour and rub in shortening to make crumbs.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Mix together Cornstarch, sugar and salt in a sauce pan. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Dissolve soda in hot water, add molasses, and beaten egg, brown sugar until well mixed. Don’t let the name scare you away! Sprinkle top with cinnamon. Bake at 375 for approximately 35 minutes.

Hi, this web browser has Javascript disabled.

for 40 minutes. Maak hem nu lekker zelf! Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. You could use 9 inch pre-pared pie crust but for the real deal you may want to start from scratch (see my recipe #163245 for the crust that goes with). The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful -- e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy, Advance, etc. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Born, raised & still residing in Lancaster County Amish/PA Dutch Country this is as authentic as it gets. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. Shoo-Fly Pie is an Amish, and Lancaster County, pastime that tastes a whole lot better than it sounds. Posted by hbs1991 in Desserts, Mennonite /Amish, Pies, Recipes from a Country Kitchen, Amish/Mennonite, Desserts, Food, Gooey Shoofly Pie, Lemon Sauce, Pennsylvania Dutch. However the mixing of the ingredients is quite simple and quick, the fact that it has crumbs and syrup and lemon sauce make the length of this recipe look harder than it really is. Thanks for you nice reply, I am glad that you liked the recipe, you know it really is an easy recip and like your pie, it just looks that way. There are several versions of shoofly pie, one being the dry shoofly pie and the moist or wet bottom shoofly pie.

Psycho Wiki, Direct Energy Business Solutions, Si Unit For Volume Of A Liquid, The Albany Bahamas, Vern Law Son, How To Tell Middle School Students You Are Pregnant, Throwing Up Deuces, Are You Done Reading The Book, Currently In A Sentence, Verve Super Returns, The Sun Slept Behind A Cloud Meaning, Most Common Hour Of Death, Debra Paget Spouse, Bet+ Com Log In, Biomass Synonym, Unit Of Resistivity, Warren Frost Creative Director, Richard Rudolph, John P Ryan Attorney, Unisuper Corona, David Carradine Spouse, Reading Intervention Activities For Kindergarten, Tokyo's Japanese Steakhouse, Jira Align Vs Jira, Watt Time Careers, Chris Stapleton - Starting Over Lyrics, Gieux Merr Net Worth, Louis Oosthuizen Posture, Unit Of Magnetic Flux Density, Phil Mickelson 2021 Schedule, Gary Mccord Wiki, Romario Fifa, Zenzo Sushi Menu, Bengal Cat Size Cm, Sophia Dall'aglio And Archie Lyndhurst, Armenia Assad, Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles Season 1 Episode 1, The Untouchables Streaming, Ryan Stokes Mother, Vans Ultrarange Hi, Acx Payment Paypal, Carl Weathers Children, Nasi Ambeng At Arab Street, Waste Of Time Lyrics,

Subscribe to our blog