I promise.' "[101] Orlando Weekly's Sam Allard gave the film a 3/5 rating, praising Shailene Woodley's performance by saying she "rescues and then raises up a film that could have been an utter disaster". [57] On June 7, Entertainment Weekly released a still of Theo James (Four) showing the Dauntless initiates around their new headquarters. [25] That same day, Miles Teller was cast as Peter. Christina and Al are from Candor, and Will is from Erudite. "[95] Peter Travers of Rolling Stone wrote that, "At least The Hunger Games spawned two terrific movies and a breakthrough star in Jennifer Lawrence. Since Winslet joined filming late, she used that distance from her co-stars to appear aloof on the first day of her shoot. This website saves cookies to your browser in order to improve your online experience and show you personalized content. Home to fans of the Divergent Series and Veronica Roth's other works! "I wanted to break it and say, 'It's OK, I'm really fun. [52][53] The original soundtrack was released on March 11, 2014, while the original score of the film was released on March 18, 2014, by Interscope Records. Marcus also used to beat Evelyn, no one in the family likes Marcus. [125] Lee Toland Krieger was to replace Schwentke as the director of the film. [126] A theatrical release for Ascendant was later cancelled in favor of developing a television film and spinoff series for Starz. Divergent is a 2014 American dystopian science fiction action film directed by Neil Burger, based on the 2011 novel of the same name by Veronica Roth.The film is the first installment in The Divergent Series and was produced by Lucy Fisher, Pouya Shahbazian, and Douglas Wick, with a screenplay by Evan Daugherty and Vanessa Taylor. Ok so I’ve always seen different opinions on characters sexualities so here’s my opinions... Natalie - Bisexual (swear there could have been something going on with those three), Evelyn - Bisexual, but after being abused by Marcus she decides she no longer trusts men. Moreover, it would have greatly if there an item/ diary or some similar sorts that reveal that Marcus has actually been looking over Tobis all these years, that he was secrectly keep Tobias moving forward even in the most daunting time, and that Marcus has never given up on Tobias, or humanity. "Dead In The Water" and other songs from her 2012 album, Halcyon were also included on the soundtrack. [31] In April 2013, Ashley Judd and Tony Goldwyn joined the cast as Natalie and Andrew Prior, Beatrice's parents. Marcus Eaton is the father of Tobias Eaton and the leader of Abnegation. [124], On February 8, 2016, it was reported that Robert Schwentke, who directed both Insurgent and Allegiant, would not return to direct for the final film. While reading the series, i was hoping that everything that Marcu's done, he has done it for a greater good. "[30] On March 25, 2013, Ben Lamb was cast as Edward, Ben Lloyd-Hughes as Will, and Christian Madsen as Al. The film is the first installment in The Divergent Series and was produced by Lucy Fisher, Pouya Shahbazian, and Douglas Wick, with a screenplay by Evan Daugherty and Vanessa Taylor. I made these for my Instagram accoun, but I decided to post them here too because I’m proud and I think you guys would enjoy them. Four is taken into custody, and Tris is ordered to be executed. [99], Andrew Osmond of SFX magazine was more receptive to the film, calling it "an often entertaining, and sometimes very interesting, piece of teen SF". [103], Michael O'Sullivan of The Washington Post felt that the film surpassed its source material, feeling that "it's rare that a movie is as good as the book on which it's based. Her mother, Natalie (Ashley Judd), appears and saves her but is shot and killed as they try to escape. What do you think about that? [121][122] On December 5, 2014, it was announced that Robert Schwentke would return to direct Part 1. [128], Divergent: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, "Neil Burger's DIVERGENT Starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Kate Winslet to Be Released in IMAX", "Business Done by Divergent on 5th Day | Tuesday Box Office Income", "Summit Sets Release Date for Film Adaptation of 'Divergent, "DIVERGENT- Look For it On Blu-ray & DVD August 5! 3", "Box office update: 'Divergent' earns $22.8 million on Friday", "Friday Report: 'Divergent' Scores $22.8 Million, 'God's Not Dead' Surprises", "Box office report: 'Divergent' heads straight for $56 million win; 'God's Not Dead' inspires $8.6 million", "Divergent Topped the Weekend Box Office", "Rentrak Announces Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of March 23, 2014", "Box Office: 'Divergent' Breaks YA Curse With $56 Million Debut; 'Muppets 2' Bombs", "Film Review: 'Divergent' off to slow, predictable start", "Movie Review: 'Divergent' doesn't veer from predictable path", "Why 'Divergent' Is a Better Movie Than 'The Hunger Games, "Review: 'Divergent' Starring Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, Miles Teller & More", "Review: 'Divergent' succeeds largely due to Shailene Woodley and Theo James", "Review and trailer: Divergent (12A) delivers teenage kicks", "Divergent, which is similar to The Hunger Games, is the movie everyone's talking about", "Review: 'Divergent' Isn't Different Enough", "2015 Critics' Choice Movie Awards nominations announced", "People's Choice Awards 2015: Full List Of Nominees", "Summit Sets Brian Duffield to Pen DIVERGENT Sequel, INSURGENT", "Summit Sets Release Dates for Divergent Threequel Allegiant, Plus Gods of Egypt and Step Up All In", "Summit sets March 2016 date for 'Allegiant,' avoids a split (for now)", "Divergent' sequel 'Insurgent' finds director in Robert Schwentke", "Robert Schwentke To Direct 'Divergent' Sequel 'Insurgent, "Lionsgate Splitting Third 'Divergent' Book 'Allegiant' into Two Films", "Final Two 'Divergent' Films Get New Titles, Logos", "Robert Schwentke Exits 'Divergent' Finale 'Ascendant, "Ascendant Lands Age of Adaline's Lee Toland Krieger to Direct Divergent Finale", "Lionsgate Offers Confident Outlook for 'Divergent' TV Spinoff: 'There's a Tremendous Fandom, "Lionsgate Uncertain About Future Of Series", The Divergent Series: Insurgent – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, The World of Divergent: The Path to Allegiant, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Divergent_(film)&oldid=985093504, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal/Live Action Feature Motion Picture, This page was last edited on 23 October 2020, at 22:29.

Slite Vs Confluence, Where Was Frank Lowy Born, Common Japanese Last Names, Joyo R-11 Baatsin Review, Noelle Reindeer, Presidents On Money,

Subscribe to our blog