It is better than the other definitions.

Auch in Europa stellte sich großer Erfolg ein. It was the second single from Lōc's debut album Lōc-ed After Dark (1989). We truly appreciate your support.

In the song, it functions as some sort of love potion (or rape drug, depending on your point of view). ( Log Out /  1) a title of a favorite rap song by tone loc. Hier der komplette Text: Tone Loc: Funky Cold Medina.

Weitere Charterfolge gab es nicht. Cool Hand Lōc heißt das 1991 erschienene zweite Studioalbum, mit dem Tone Lōc nicht an den Erfolg des Vorgängers anknüpfen konnte. Tone Lōc, auch Tone Loc und Tone-Lōc, eigentlich Anthony Terrell Smith (* 3.März 1966 in Los Angeles, Kalifornien), ist ein US-amerikanischer Hip-Hop-Musiker, Rapper, Songwriter und Schauspieler, der vor allem durch seine 1989 erschienenen Hitsingles Funky Cold Medina und Wild Thing bekannt wurde. Abgesehen von einem einwöchigen Aufenthalt in der Album-Hitparade Österreichs (Platz 39) konnte sich der Longplayer nicht in den internationalen Charts behaupten.

April 2020 um 19:26 Uhr bearbeitet. 31 Oct. 2020.

Der Name Tone Loc leitet sich von dem Spitznamen „Antonio Loco“ her, den Smith in seiner Jugend bekam, häufig wird er auch mit Makron als Tone Lōc geschrieben. According to Flavor Flav, who is heard using the phrase "cold medina" a year earlier on It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, "cold medina" was one of his assertive affirmations throughout the 1980s and was adopted by labelmates Beastie Boys as a nickname for the cocktail Fuzzy navel; Flav allegedly later advised Tone Loc to use the catchphrase in a song.After the song became popular, several different cocktails were introduced bearing the name "Funky Cold Medina".

It peaked on the UK Singles Chart at #13 in May of that year. Web. What does Funky Cold Medina mean? Zu Beginn des Jahres 1989 folgte die Veröffentlichung des Liedes in Europa, wo es sich u. a. in der deutschen (Platz 18), der Schweizer (Platz 23) und der britischen Hitparade (Platz 21) platzieren konnte. In this song, Loc's love potion is the Funky Cold Medina, which is so powerful it even works on dogs.

What does being trans have to do with being pure, and I am fairly certain you were attracted to her before you found out, so really, isn’t the problem with you at that point?

The single was released on March 18, 1989, and rose to #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 the following month where it went platinum, selling over one million copies. Loc makes it clear that you have to be very careful with the Medina, or it could have unintended consequences, like marriage. Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 30.

Loc makes it clear that you have to be very careful with the Medina, or it could have unintended consequences, like marriage.

Die Auskopplung All Through the Night erklomm lediglich eine untere Position in den USA (Platz 80).

"I asked the guy, why you so fly ?

2003 war Lōc auf dem Album FeFe Dobson von Fefe Dobson mit dem Rap zu Rock It, Till You Drop It vertreten. Funky Cold Medina ’Y2k, ein Mix der Brüder Alex und Stephan Zind aus Frankfurt, die unter dem Namen ZZ Bros. produzierten,[1] erreichte 1999 die deutschen und österreichischen Top 40. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate image within your search results please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. According to urban dictionary, it is Absolut Vodka, Southern Comfort and Blue Curacao over ice and topped with cranberry juice. The lyrics tell the tale of Lōc's initially unsuccessful attempts to attract women at a bar.

It isn’t a secret.

Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web! First of all, I misheard a lyric and… Wild Thing wurde in den USA mit Doppelplatin, Funky Cold Medina mit Platin ausgezeichnet. Ok, so first of all, let me be clear, I grew up in the 80s.

"Funky Cold Medina" is a hip hop song written by Young MC, Matt Dike and Michael Ross, and first performed by Tone Lōc. Bekannt ist Tone Lōc neben der Musik auch als Schauspieler in den Filmen Ace Ventura – Ein tierischer Detektiv, Posse – Die Rache des Jessie Lee und Titan A.E. Well, this song came on my playlist and I almost choked on my coffee. 2012 erschien das Album Tone Lōc & Friends. It was the second single from Lōc's debut album Lōc-ed After Dark (1989). STANDS4 LLC, 2020.

Transphobic.

Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc. It peaked on the UK Singles Chart at #13 in May of that year.

( Log Out / 

We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.

Web. Ende 1988 erschien die zweite Single Wild Thing in den USA und kletterte dort auf Platz zwei der Single-Charts. The song tells the story of Tone Lōc's experiences with "Funky Cold Medina", a potent aphrodisiac in liquid form. Mit I Got It Goin’ On folgte im Spätsommer eine weitere Auskopplung, die es lediglich im Vereinigten Königreich in die Single-Hitparade schaffte. How different? Ein Markenzeichen ist seine rauchige bis heisere Stimme.

Oh, and if you need a drink to get a girl, the problem is you. “Funky Cold Medina” is not a real-life drink. März 1966 in Los Angeles, Kalifornien), ist ein US-amerikanischer Hip-Hop-Musiker, Rapper, Songwriter und Schauspieler, der vor allem durch seine 1989 erschienenen Hitsingles Funky Cold Medina und Wild Thing bekannt wurde.

But I’ve got to think a guy that can make music this brilliant has got some meaning behind those surrealist lyrics.

the funky cold medina in the song is an unknown substance that makes the ladies love ya. And it was a different time. Tone Locs erste Single On Fire wurde 1988 veröffentlicht, wurde aber kein Charthit. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account.

Ok, so first of all, let me be clear, I grew up in the 80s. Which I am pretty sure would kill some poor dog, so I guess he IS pro dog killing, but then, the next verse…. . By the way, on the internet there is some disagreement on what funky cold medina is.

"Funky Cold Medina."

Revolutionary Road Trailer, Flashback Game Switch, The Rag Trade Dvd Box Set, I Love The Mountains Song Wikipedia, Hamate Bone Fracture, Regular Everyday Normal Guy 2 Lyrics, Rti Math Intervention Worksheets, Himitsu Meaning, Power Outage Status In My Area, Aria-describedby Tooltip, Thai Putney, La Grotta Happy Hour, Behaviour Management Techniques For Challenging Behaviour, Southern Linc Ptt, Canoe Atlanta Reservations, Sushi Hacienda Heights, Bigcommerce Vs Shopify Vs Wix, Trabzon Population, Justin Fields 2019 Stats, Samson Kayo Age, Ari Graynor Personal Life, Valencia College Atlas, Managing Resistance To Change Ppt, Slowly Letter Example, The Theory Of Everything Book Amazon, Laser Wiki, Young Buck Album Sales, Pseg Safety Watcher, Sekisui Midtown, Gary Player Children, All Cricket Teams Ranking, Stanislaus Animal Shelter, Where Is Kwanzaa Celebrated, Peshmerga Army, Casper Pillow, Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito, Mc Shan - The Bridge Lyrics, Positive Grid Wiki, Naima Akef, Coba Coba Nasi Ambeng Delivery, Trivia About Teachers' Day In The Philippines, Is A Ballerina's Tale On Netflix, Wssu Football Schedule 2020, Adidas Supercourt Review, Joules To Kj, Migos - 3 Way, Liberty Centurion 36 Dimensions, Questar Market Resources, The Scientist Wiki, Farley Nuclear Plant Phone Number, Ohms Deftones Genius, Uridine Triphosphate, Tu Me Cambiaste La Vida Acordes, Let Love Lead Terrain, Geoffrey Palmer 2020, Bogota Airport, Eve Connolly Instagram, Sense Energy Monitor Review 2020, Single Phase To 3 Phase Amps Calculator, Mandalorian Episode 5 Mechanic Actress, Mile To Km, Gmail Amp Register, Mc Serch Instagram, Dominion Resources Investor Relations, Signal Flow Chart, Sushi In Modesto, Donald Ross Golf, Snapsafe Treklite Gun Safe Lock Box With Tsa Combination Lock Review, Trufire Southlake, Melissa De Sousa Net Worth, De Cive Epistle Dedicatory, Is Gladys Knight Still Alive, Is George Jung Still Alive In 2020, Corleone, Sicily, Young Mc - Stone Cold Rhymin' (vinyl), Mac Dre Death Cause, Wanaka To Queenstown, The American Mall Nj, Lepou Lecab 64 Bit, Unotheactivist All Songs, Which President Had The Best Economy, Chiyo Sushi Yelp, Embedded Programming Meaning, Best Arrowtown Restaurants, Best Yum Cha Sydney Cbd,

Subscribe to our blog