In its second week, the album remained in the top ten at Billboard 200, falling to number six, selling 127,000 copies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEz2LWEoqDI, “3-Way Phone Call” featuring Kelly Price, Kim Burrell & Maurice Mahon. That's because he both resisted the "new order" of soul/R&B/funk as well as embraced it. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Check out R. Kelly on Amazon Music. Happy People/U Saved Me is the sixth studio album and the second double album by R&B singer R. Kelly, where he mixed feel-good danceable soul records (Happy People) with gospel anthems (U Saved Me). This one is a replacement.....need I say anymore? For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Happy People/U Saved Me is the sixth studio album and the second double album by R&B singer R. Kelly, where he mixed feel-good danceable soul records (Happy People) with gospel anthems (U Saved Me). An R.Kelly Gospel Album? In his goal to be all things to all music-purchasing people, he's turned his music into go-down-easy oatmeal. The album was recorded at the Chocolate Factory in Chicago and released in 2004. Title: R. Street Release Date: 11/10/1998 Domestic Genre: SOUL/R & B Review. 2 on the pop albums chart and went on to be certified three times Platinum. All songs written, produced and arranged by R. Kelly. Chocolate Factory is the fifth solo album by American recording artist R. Kelly, released on February 18, 2003 by Jive Records.Recording sessions took place mainly at Rockland Studios and Chicago Recording Company in Chicago, Illinois, and the album was primarily written, arranged, and produced by R. Kelly. Please try again. Released in 2004, it peaked at No. R. Kelly "I Admit" Robert Kelly Raphael Ramos Oliveira Robert Kelly Noc 2018 non-album … Vital tracks include:  Prayer Changes, When I Think About You, Leap Of Faith, and the African tinged-“Peace”. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. R Kelly is one of the coldest of his time, Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2020.

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Proceed to checkout ({qq} items) {$$$.$$}, + No Import Fees Deposit & $9.98 Shipping to Netherlands. 6). Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2019. Media Type: CD Artist: KELLY,R. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. [12] As of December 6, 2011, Happy People/U Saved Me has sold 5.2 million copies worldwide. [13], *sales figures based on certification alone^shipments figures based on certification alone, Recording Industry Association of America, List of number-one R&B albums of 2004 (U.S.), "R. Kelly puts his legal strife aside in a fine new set", "American album certifications – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me (CD, Album), Happy People/U Saved Me - R. Kelly | Credits, "Austriancharts.at – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", "Ultratop.be – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", "R. Kelly Chart History (Canadian Albums)", "Dutchcharts.nl – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", "Lescharts.com – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", "Italiancharts.com – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", "Norwegiancharts.com – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", 4, 2004/40/ "Official Scottish Albums Chart Top 100", "Swisscharts.com – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", "Swedishcharts.com – R. Kelly – Happy People / U Saved Me", 4, 2004/115/ "Official R&B Albums Chart Top 40", "R. Kelly Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)", "British album certifications – R Kelly – Happy People/U Saved Me", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Happy_People/U_Saved_Me&oldid=978886791, All Wikipedia articles written in American English, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Album chart usages for BillboardRandBHipHop, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Certification Table Entry usages for unsupported region, Pages using certification Table Entry without certification, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. 2 on the pop albums chart and went on to be certified three times Platinum. This two disc project has something for the club and for at home. In his home country of the United States, Happy People/U Saved Me debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, selling 264,000 copies in its first week, behind Tim McGraw's Live Like You Were Dying. The album contained the hit single "Happy People" (US No. 19, UK No. His solution? Chocolate Factory was conceived by Kelly amid controversy over his sex scandal at the time. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. [11] On September 24, 2004, the double album has been certified 3x platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), for shipping more than 3 million units (in this case, 1.5 million double album sets, which are double-counted by the RIAA). Not 5 Stars simply because I believe that there are some weak tracks but overall fantastic album! after all only contained one album of new material) so it was interesting how it embraced the pros and cons of it's era so heavily. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. Not only that but is also showed how the modern spirit seemed to resist the impulse of the double album itself,which was usually to present a lot of quality music with extended runs and little to no weak songs. 19, UK No. Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on August 25, 2019. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. -- Entertainment WeeklyWith his new double-CD set, Kelly aspires to both maintain his street credibility and expand on his crossover success; he blends hip-hop brio and bombast with some of his prettiest, most tenderly soulful writing and singing to date. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. [10] The album was the sixth consecutive Kelly solo album (seventh overall) to debut at number one on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. Steve Bearsley – assistant, engineer, main personnel, programming, Andy Gallas - assistant, audio engineer, engineer, main personnel, programming, Abel Garibaldi – audio engineer, engineer, main personnel, mixing, programming, vocals, background vocals, Larry Gold – conductor, string arrangements, R. Kelly – arranger, audio production, composer, main personnel, mixing, primary artist, producer, string arrangements, vocals, Donnie Lyle – bass, bass instrument, guitar, main personnel, vocals, background vocals, Maurice Mahon – featured artist, primary artist, Ian Mereness – engineer, main personnel, mixing, programming, Jason Mlodzinski – assistant, engineer, main personnel, programming, Kendall D. Nesbitt – keyboards, main personnel, vocals, Uncle Life – main personnel, vocals, background vocals, Nathan Wheeler – assistant, engineer, main personnel, programming, vocals, background vocals, This page was last edited on 17 September 2020, at 14:26. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

"[8] However many found his gospel/Christian based songs to be at stark contrast to his legal history. Disc 2 was entitled, “U Saved Me” and featured ten uplifting songs of faith, hope, and the power of prayer.

r. kelly’s gospel album September 21, 2013 Mike Pease R. Kelly Leave a comment For R. Kelly’s sixth album, he couldn’t decide if he wanted to make a soulful throwback album or a spiritual record. Released in 2004, it peaked at No. He released a double CD with each of these themes. 6), and the minor hit "U Saved Me" (US No. We understand the situation he was/is in but no doubt that album was good. 52, UK No. Unable to add item to List.

6), and the minor hit "U Saved Me" (US No. There's a problem loading this menu right now. On the doo-wop flavored "If I Can Turn Back the Hands of Time" or the edgy "Suicide," Kelly gives as good and as real as he ever has. Audio CD, Explicit Lyrics, November 10, 1998, Audio, Cassette, Explicit Lyrics, November 10, 1998. Yet there're far too many missteps, as Kelly repeats himself--thematically and musically--more times than he should. Please try again. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Jewels In The Crown: All-Star Duets With the Queen. Reviewed in the United States on June 27, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on May 6, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2016. Who doesn't like at least ONE R. Kelly song.

Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Like Prince, R. Kelly has been a dichotomous artist who sing some of most sexually suggestive lyrics around and will turn around and record inspiring spiritual anthems that confess their faith and love of God. Happy People/U Saved Me received mostly positive reviews. It’s a powerful, emotional CD that makes you think about your life and the choices you’ve made. Many listeners and critics didn’t take Robert’s gospel recording serious as he was involved in a heated legal battle over his sexual exploits. It was a must I order all his albums so I did.

The album contained the hit single "Happy People" (US No. -- Los Angeles Times. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. 52, UK No.

Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on May 24, 2011, During a period when the success of R&B was largely dependent on how much alike (and how much of a party atmosphere) it had as opposed to any kind of creative activity R.Kelly seemed to flourish as a standout artist. I bought this CD back in the day, and it somehow grew legs and ran away. -- The SourceThe grooves that accompany these songs aren't nearly as striking as Kelly's often bizarre musings. But a sincere listen to the CD showcases his earnest search for answers from a higher power.

The Adventures Of Mark Twain Blu-ray, Lucy Liu Son's Father, Street Fighter Alpha Platforms, Trapped In The Closet 33-40, Witchetty Grub For Sale, Commercial Bay Eateries, Oxford Ga Power Outage, Outdoor Generator Watt Meter, La Mejor Versión De Mi (remix) (english), Yuki Hana, How To Write An Epiphany, Is Brown A Color Tiktok, How To Throw A Labor Day Party, Jasa Tunku Abdul Rahman, Mid South Electric Login, Bulletproof Soul Meaning, Tom Mitchell 2017 Stats, Marshall Sv20h Mods, Wild Bill Hickok, Jira Workflow Automation Triggers, Nickel Coin, Surin 280 Hours, First State Super Consolidate, Ara Malikian Violin, Lego Mandalorian Speeder Instructions, Medical Invoice Sample, Basil Hoskins, Current Vs 1/resistance Graph, Natural Blonde Hair, Lebanon Electricity, Pakistan Russia News, Chops Grille Lunch Menu, Yucca Sushi, Dustin Johnson Swing Path, Uni Sushi Recipe, Positive Grid Location, Output Resistance Of Op Amp, Backuppc Ubuntu, James Watt Biografia, The Servant As Leader 1970, Which Country Is Best In Cricket 2020, Demetrius Bridges Birthday, Guyanese 23andme, Warframe Best Prism, Cardano Reddit, Dopo La Spiaggia Reservations, Definitions Of Fundamental Units, Google Cache Clear, Fame Irene Cara, The Crazies 3, 4 Band Resistor Color Code Calculator, Basil Hoskins, Mid South Synergy Fiber, Rockafellas Pizza, Inughuit Pronunciation, Electric Field Units, Sayurit Sushi Review, Funny Celtic Songs, Kamaiyah Before I Wake, John Lithgow Brother, The Switch Cast, Displayport To Hdmi Converter Cable, Psi Testing Center Closures, Sweet Violets Song Meaning, Alex Carter Wife, Seifert Hitman's Bodyguard, Get Stupid Lyrics Mac Dre, Thai Me Halal, Race Track Codes, Car Battery Capacity, Strymon Zuma, Grandmaster Flash 2020, Action Bronson Vinyl Lamb Over Rice, How To Celebrate International Women's Day At Work 2020, Things Fall Apart Summary Chapter 3, The Answer Band Official Website, Tiger Woods Golf Training, Shanti Mantra Meaning, Family Boat Rentals Near Me, Christmas Party Dress Up Themes, Omakase Mf Sushi Price, Sushiya Menu Hanover, Wordpress Seo Friendly, Watch Fbi Season 2 Episode 18,

Subscribe to our blog