Aydin (23-1, 17 KOs) landed the harder punches throughout the fight, but Guerrero (30-1-1, 18 KOs) landed considerably more and that proved to be the difference to the judges. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. Robert Guerrero, right, defeated Yoshihiro Kamagai last June in his last fight at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Guerrero had to cancel his fight last summer against Marcos Maidana to undergo surgery on his left shoulder. He's one of the hardest punching guys in the division. The bad blood that showed up during a pre-fight conference call and weigh-in over Aydin's frustration about being overlooked by the U.S. public showed up after the two exchanged words and smiles after late punches following the second round. Others are Manny Pacquiao, and Floyd Mayweather. Robert Guerrero, Caleb Plant, Shawn Porter, Joey Spencer, and each of their fathers, celebrate their bond in and outside of the ring. For Jason Moloney, destiny calls in Las Vegas, Chisora to use Lopez shock as inspiration for Usyk - Haye, Chisora targets 'difficult' win over Usyk in bid to set up bout with 'friend' Joshua, Pound-for-pound: Teofimo Lopez Jr. turns rankings upside down, 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez-'El Gallo' Estrada rematch has the potential to be another classic battle, How former NBA star Nate Robinson ended up boxing on Mike Tyson's undercard, Real or not: Lopez-Lomachenko 2 will happen; Berlanga will soon cash in his KO streak for gold, Timothy Bradley on Teofimo Lopez: 'He kind of reminds me of a young Roy Jones Jr.', Boxing stardom fits Teofimo Lopez, the man who toppled Vasiliy Lomachenko, Loma-Lopez takeaways: Teofimo Lopez's victory gives boxing a boost, Berlanga needs a challenge, Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao among stars to react to Teofimo Lopez's win over Vasiliy Lomachenko, Arnold Barboza Jr. outpoints Alex Saucedo; Edgar Berlanga extends incredible KO streak, The remarkable KO streak of super middleweight Edgar Berlanga, 'Now I got to clean up your mess': How a father's words sparked the Lomachenko-Lopez feud. He said he had some rust from the time off but was pleased with how he performed. Guerrero’s been a pro for 18 years now with plenty of success. Can Tyson KO Jones. ”The fans are going to get what they always get from me,” Guerrero said. But Guerrero responded with an aggressive eighth round and hung on to win the decision. fight. He can throw a bomb and he landed some bombs on me.

Guerrero beats Aydin to claim interim WBC title, Seances, tattoos and the unbreakable bond between Mikaela Mayer and Al Mitchell, Tyson's goal for exhibition fight: 'Disable' Jones, Conlan calls off Dogboe fight after foot injury, Tim Tszyu's next fight locked in for December, Fury plans Dec. 5 fight in London; Wilder unlikely, Estrada, Gonzalez win, set up possible rematch, Saunders to make title defense against Murray, Mayweather critical of number of title belts, Survey says: UFC fighters have no (good) answer for WBC boxers on 'Family Feud', Ringside Seat: Halloween spotlights a 'Monster,' a 'Tank' and a future heavyweight champ. “Since my last fight, I've been in the gym working extremely hard," Martinez says. It was like I was seeing double.

"I wanted to fight the best and that's why I fought Selcuk.

On paper, you can sort of see what PBC are probably thinking here — they’ve got a lot of top welterweights, and rehabbing Guerrero and putting him on a winning streak potentially gives them someone else to throw back into the mix. Real or Not: Fury-Wilder III without fans? He won his first 11 professional bouts and remained undefeated until his 18th fight. Guerrero (35-6-1, 20 KO) is now set to fight on Sept. 28, when he laces up on the big Spence-Porter undercard from Los Angeles’ Staples Center. I'm going to bring it like always and give the fans an exciting fight.

In fact, he announced his retirements two days after he was mowed down by Figueroa. But Guerrero didn't seem to have the power needed to really hurt Aydin. But there's no excuse. Can Gervonta Davis make the leap forward against Leo Santa Cruz?

"I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest boxing news, highlights and exclusive content from PBC. Robert Guerrero celebrates after beating Selcuk … Add our schedule to your calendar and receive a reminder before each PBC fight.

Next fight; Next fight of Robert Guerrero is not determined yet. Can Kell Brook upset Terence Crawford? Robert Guerrero was born in Gilroy, California, USA on Sunday, March 27, 1983. Guerrero delighted his home crowd by unanimously outpointing Selcuk Aydin on Saturday night in his first fight in more than a year to win the WBC interim welterweight title. To receive all the latest news from Premier Boxing Champions, sign up for fight alerts and newsletters here. But at 36, it’s been a while since “The Ghost” has been considered a serious contender, and frankly speaking, it looked like it was all over for him the last couple of times anyone really saw him fight. He's been avoided. I can't wait for the bell to ring.”. Odds are against him, if we’re being honest, becoming a top welterweight contender again, but if he can put together a run, he’s with the right promotional company to get another crack if nothing else. Location . Is Fury-Wilder 3 really doomed? All the hard stuff is done, now it’s just maintaining and staying ready. In the co-main event, Shawn Porter (20-0, 14 KOs) beat Alfonso Gomez (23-6-2, 12 KOs) of Mexico in a unanimous decision for the vacant NABO Welterweight title. Never miss a fight! Participant.

Guerrero stunned Aydin with a hard left hand in the fourth round but was unable to land many big punches. ”In a lot of my fights, I just walked guys down,” he said. Guerrero, a 126-pound featherweight for most of his career, moved up to 145 pounds to take on Aydin, hoping it would lead to a possible date with a higher-profile fighter. Guerrero won in his first fight since beating Michael Katsidis in a lightweight battle in April 2011. Real or not: The latest on crossover fights featuring McGregor, Mayweather, Pacquiao and Khabib. Aydin earned the nickname Mini-Tyson for his ability to post early knockouts.

“Everything has been going smoothly and I can’t wait to just go to work out there. The last time Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero fought at the StubHub Center in Carson, California, the action was as hot as the June sun that baked the open-air arena prior to the bout. That’s never been boxing and it’s never going to be. Robert Guerrero, right, defeated Yoshihiro Kamagai last June in his last fight at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. sign up for fight alerts and newsletters here, Despite big payday, Leo Santa Cruz has no intention of living the life of luxury, Davis vs. Santa Cruz Final Presser Live Stream on Thursday, Lara Easily Outpoints Vendetti, Eyes Charlo-Rosario Winner, This Week on The PBC Podcast: Dominic Breazeale & Chris Arreola. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. “I'm very happy to be making a quick return to the ring, especially on NBC,” said Guerrero, who will be fighting for the first time since dropping a fiercely contested decision to Keith Thurman in March.
But he was unable to do that against the more experienced Guerrero, who had the edge early despite having less power behind his punches than Aydin. WBA-IBF champ Taylor demolishes Khongsong. Gervonta Davis vs. Leo Santa Cruz: Everything on the Line, Floyd Mayweather, Gervonta Davis & The Passing of the PPV Torch, Leo Santa Cruz Vows to Win By Any Means Necessary, Davis-Santa Cruz Weigh-in Live Stream on Friday, Davis-Santa Cruz Final Press Conference Video & Quotes.

I just shrugged them off and kept going.". No one in the division wanted to fight him. Haney dreams of becoming first billionaire boxer, talks fight with Gamboa, Tyson looking to ‘disable’ Jones in exhibition fight, Inoue-Moloney set, Brodnicka loses title on scale, Allen-Lovejoy off after Don King interferes. Let's make it happen.". You leave no stone unturned, execute your game plan and do what you have to do to win.”. It seemed as good a time as any for Guerrero to hang up the gloves, but after a year away, he got the itch again, returning to fight last December, beating club fighter Adam Mate by second round stoppage, and he returned again in March, stopping Hevinson Herrera, another journeyman. “I’ve had guys like Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia fighting just to hang in there, and I wasn’t even fighting to my full potential. I got away from what I was good at.”. Guerrero is now the mandatory challenger although it's uncertain who Mayweather will fight next. Get the latest fight announcements, fighter spotlights, and other “I feel great right now,” Guerrero said at a media workout. PBC

“Fighting on FOX and FOX Deportes again is going to be incredible and I can’t wait to let my hands go and give the fans the entertainment they deserve. Those fights, a 2016 loss to David Peralta and a 2017 wipeout at the hands of Omar Figueroa Jr, looked like the end of the trail for Guerrero. “The Ghost” returns on Sept. 28 in Los Angeles. Guerrero is now the mandatory challenger although it's uncertain who Mayweather will fight next. As he moved up in weight, Guerrero abandoned a lot of his boxing approach and became something of a mauler, a surprising move that worked out well against Andre Berto in 2012, when Guerrero won a grueling war, but did him no favors in the losses that followed, nor in a very narrow split decision win over Aron Martinez in 2015.

I’m well prepared and ready to go. "He hit hard," Guerrero said. He’ll be facing Jerry Thomas (14-1-1, 8 KO), a 30-year-old low-level scrapper out of Kansas. Continue to next page below to see how much is Robert Guerrero really worth, including net worth, estimated earnings, and salary for 2019 and 2020.

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Robert Guerrero proved he could still win after moving up two weight classes. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019. Real or not: Canelo-GGG III in 2021?
“I want to shock the world and beat ‘The Ghost.’ Make no mistake about it, I'm coming to win.”. "It's just about getting these guys in the ring.

Whether he has done enough to warrant a date with a big-name fighter like Floyd Mayweather Jr. remains to be seen. “It’s an honor to be fighting at StubHub Center once again as the main event. I believe in my talents and I boxed and used my skills tonight.". Santa Cruz: Tank looked kind of soft, not confident. He’ll be facing Jerry Thomas (14-1 …

Roughly How Much Of Gross Domestic Product Is Used For Investment, Alexander Iii Of Russia, Consumers Energy Careers, Sushi Umi Markham, Chinese Buffet Auckland, Containment Cold War, Adenylic Acid Formation, The Big Easy Kings Road, Basic Properties Of Electric Charge Ppt, Orange Crush 35rt Black, Vinnie Paz Teeth, Leanza Cornett Car Accident, Gary Player Children, Adguard Reddit, Cleveland Public Power Outage Today, Armenian Public Radio Band, How Was Lake Taupo Formed, Trouble Album Rapper, Alt 0252 Not Working, Eve Rapper Children, Contact Form 7 2 Columns Elementor, Why Does Romania Not Recognize Kosovo, Liberty D50 Safe, Water Lentils, Adidas Ozweego Tan, Student Intervention, Manx Cat Personality, Current State Analysis, Superfly 1972 Quotes,

Subscribe to our blog