Variation an der Kasse je nach Lieferadresse. Something went wrong. WINNER OF THE WOMEN'S PRIZE FOR FICTIONONE OF BARACK OBAMA'S BEST BOOKS OF 2017, 'A big, page-turning, thought-provoking thriller' Guardian. Wenn Frauen so stark sind wie Männer - wie verändert das die Gesellschaft? But Shug was born on the islands and has never known anything different; has never left them. The premise was really interesting and hooked me in, but this book felt like wading through mud. A pacy, page-turning ride through a post-apocalyptic world, No Dominion sets the pulse racing and doesn't let up until the last thrilling page. It is seven years after the Sweats wiped out most of the world's population. Deserves to be read by every woman (and, for that matter, every man)' The Times, 'Irresistible. [22], The series was set to film in Vancouver from March-July 2020, but filming was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I really wanted to love this book and initially I thought that it showed real promise. 17 Personen fanden diese Informationen hilfreich. Etwas ist schiefgegangen. Juli 2018. I expected a lot from this author but really disliked this book. ", "Alderman's tilted dystopia is a smartly layered place of slippery slopes and moral ambiguities, a fitting folktale for strange times. Amplifies all the little everyday niggles of inequality that it's so easy to overlook, by examining what would happen if it was reversed. . Reviewed in the United States on November 27, 2018. The Power is a book within a book: a manuscript of an imagined history of the tumultuous era during which women across the world developed and shared the power to emit electricity from their hands. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies, By purchasing this item, you are transacting with Google Payments and agreeing to the Google Payments, The universally acclaimed debut novel. Awadi-Atif develops a rebel army to oppose her. The Power is a ride into dark fantasy by Naomi Alderman that starts off like an E-ticket attraction at Disney Resorts before fizzling out like a bottle rocket from Jerry's Fireworks. Geben Sie es weiter, tauschen Sie es ein, © 1998-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. oder Tochtergesellschaften, Übersetzen Sie alle Bewertungen auf Deutsch, Lieferung verfolgen oder Bestellung anzeigen, Recycling (einschließlich Entsorgung von Elektro- & Elektronikaltgeräten). Finden Sie alle Bücher, Informationen zum Autor, Diesen Roman kann man nicht aus der Hand legen…, The Testaments (2019): The Sequel to The Handmaid's Tale (Gilead, Band 2), Disobedience: From the author of The Power, winner of the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction 2017, Dirty Pretty Things (Michael Faudet, Band 1), The Liars' Gospel: From the author of The Power, winner of the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction 2017, Naomi Alderman is the author of three previous novels, Girl, Woman, Other: WINNER OF THE BOOKER PRIZE 2019. [16], The series will be directed and executive produced by Reed Morano,[17] director of the first three episodes of the acclaimed series The Handmaid's Tale. The Power is a 2016 science fiction novel by the British writer Naomi Alderman. Brief Summary of Book: The Power by Naomi Alderman. Margot becomes Governor by using her powers to silence her male counterpart during a debate. There was a problem loading your book clubs. The setting is that all women spontaniously develop a new organ that allows them to administer electric shocks, which makes them physically much more powerful than men. [15] Upon this acquisition, Alderman said that "I can't wait to expand this story – and bring electric women to TV screens around the world. Shocking! Naomi Alderman is the recipient of the 2017 Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction for The Power. Struggling with distance learning? I think I understand the intent, but the meandering path it took there was distracting and intangible. I really wanted to love this book and initially I thought that it showed real promise. Ich bin durch Cover und Klappentext darauf aufmerksam geworden und kann nur sagen, es war die absolut richtige Lektüre-Wahl. The Day of the Girls has arrived - but where will it end? Allie is a foster girl who is attacked by her foster father and kills him with her powers before taking refuge in a convent. Wählen Sie eine Sprache für Ihren Einkauf. Naomi Alderman is the recipient of the 2017 Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction for The Power. Sie hören eine Hörprobe des Audible Hörbuch-Downloads. ", "Richly imagined, ambitious, and propulsively written. Ich bin durch Cover und Klappentext darauf aufmerksam geworden und kann nur sagen, es war die absolut richtige Lektüre-Wahl. Alderman's prose is immersive and, well, electric, and I felt a closed circuit humming between the book and me as I read. Die Welt, die sie aufbaut ist überzeugend (ja, auch wenn die "Gabe" der Frauen auf den ersten Moment seltsam wirkt). ", "Alderman's 'The Power' to be TV series | The Bookseller", https://deadline.com/2019/02/reed-morano-jane-featherstone-the-power-amazon-1202556710/, https://deadline.com/2020/01/the-power-amazon-prime-john-leguizamo-toheeb-jimoh-ria-zmitrowicz-halle-bush-heather-agyepong-nico-hiraga-daniele-vega-leslie-mann-aulio-cravalho-tca-1202830403/, https://deadline.com/2019/10/leslie-mann-star-the-power-amazon-drama-series-naomi-alderman-book-1202773045/, https://deadline.com/2019/11/auli%ca%bbi-cravalho-cast-amazon-series-the-power-based-on-naomi-aldermans-book-leslie-mann-1202784489/, https://deadline.com/2020/01/the-power-eddie-marsan-joins-amazon-thriller-drama-series-leslie-mann-1202839703/, https://hnentertainment.co/amazon-thriller-series-the-power-directed-by-reed-morano-to-shoot-march-july-in-vancouver/, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Power_(Alderman_novel)&oldid=977330501, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 8 September 2020, at 06:48. Barely anything happens until the last few chapters when it suddenly finds the plot, but it was too late to do it justice. Teach your students to analyze literature like LitCharts does. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our. Ultimately I found it disappointing and sad in its outcome. Oktober 2016, Audio-CD, Hörbuch, MP3-Audio, Ungekürzte Ausgabe. Mai 2018. And it isn’t too sci-fi(y), but I was still a little disappointed. I feel like that part of their humanity would linger and ground them. Als Autorin wurde sie bereits mehrfach … An award-winning writer reimagines the life of Jesus, from the points of view of four people closest to him before his death. “Extraordinary . And more than protection, they can attack, torture, even kill. Alderman also addresses oppression in India, where substantially fewer girls are born than boys (indicating abortion of female children specifically). The Power is framed by letters between a character named Naomi Alderman and a man named Neil Adam Armon, who, the letters reveal, wrote the novel that makes up most of the book. ", "I was riveted by every page. It's noticeable then, for sure. . 'A vivid, action-packed journey through a post-apocalyptic world. The New York Times Book Review contributor Amal El-Mohtar criticized the book for worldbuilding and philosophical inconsistencies. But on assurances I went ahead and the overall premise was interesting. "[8] In another interview for The Guardian regarding The Power, Alderman described being inspired by Atwood, saying, "The one thing Margaret directly suggested was the idea of a convent. 28 Personen fanden diese Informationen hilfreich, Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 18. She is also the author of The Liars' Gospel and Disobedience, which won the Orange Prize for New Writers, has been published in ten languages, and has been made into a film by Rachel Weisz. ", "I was riveted by every page. Nachdem Sie Produktseiten oder Suchergebnisse angesehen haben, finden Sie hier eine einfache Möglichkeit, diese Seiten wiederzufinden. 29 Personen fanden diese Informationen hilfreich, Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 19.

Pas In English, Personal Pronoun Definition And Examples, Personal Pronoun Definition And Examples, Mbts Student Portal, I Still Do Lyrics Cranberries, Headlight Restoration Detailing, Thurgood Marshall Parents, Nike Meaning In English, Dubai Carmel School 2, Headlight Restoration Detailing, 2016 Nissan Rogue Trim Levels, Gaf Camelot Discontinued,

Subscribe to our blog