The jukebox plays these songs nonstop and everything fits. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. The first of many artistic milestones in the long and illustrious collaboration of Frank Sinatra and arranger Nelson Riddle that began at Capitol Records, In the Wee Small Hours is a first in other notable ways, as well: it was the pair's first 12-inch LP; their first album devoted entirely to ballads; the first "concept album," a program of songs designed to be heard in a particular sequence that sustains a mood and suggests a story; the introduction of Sinatra's definitive "saloon singer" persona; and the first flowering of Sinatra's mature artistic sensibility.
The vocals on this recording are the highlight. It has been suggested that this was the album on which Sinatra first introduced the guy on the bar stool: the late night storyteller who props up the bar and pours out his heart.

Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2019.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Metallica is an American heavy metal band. Please try again. If you wanted to pick a small number of albums by Frank Sinatra, that were his very best and most important, this album would be certainly in the list. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. This is a collection of nice calm songs but in the midst of a swoon there are these wow and flutter bits in the recording or audio cutouts, crackles. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Proceed to checkout ({qq} items) {$$$.$$}, + No Import Fees Deposit & $11.98 Shipping to Japan. 180 gram) vinyl, the reissue is still quiet with the vocals and instrumentation very clear. The songs are about failed relationships, lost love, and loneliness. The album is exactly what I was looking for! I read that this was Sinatra's first 12" album, so it would seem odd that it wasn't released on 12" vinyl until four years after it was recorded. A wonderful space-saving production showcasing Frank Sinatra at his peak on two classic albums. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 29, 2012. This is one of those sketches. The music is often relegated behind Sinatra’s vocals. This outstanding Capital vinyl edition states that it is made in the Netherlands. "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning" is a 1955 popular song composed by David Mann, with lyrics by Bob Hilliard. Read or print original The Small Hours lyrics 2020 updated! I recommend this album most highly. I bought this because it was on a list of the top 500 records or something.

Original mono pressing with gray labels that have silver print and a 3/4 circular ring on the label, indicative of an early pressing. A lovely, sad Sinatra album with Nelson Riddle's orchestra, terrifically reissued on vinyl by Capitol Records, Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2017. Anybody have an answer for which version my copy is? The band has won nine Grammy Awards from 23 nominations, and its last six studio albums (beginning with Metallica) have consecutively debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. And if there's a more devastating evocation of solitude than "It Never Entered My Mind"... well it must be on Only the Lonely. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 14, 2017.

I have side #1 which is a D9 of this pressing. It's most likely a repress, and it's got the full, non-abridged 16-song tracklist, but the runout number is "W1-581-N49" for side one, and "W2-581-N29" for side two. Didn't have a date? The Small Hours (Original, Play, Comedy, Broadway) opened in New York City Feb 15, 1951 and played through Mar 3, 1951. Check out The Kid (Original Demo Version) by The Small Hours on Amazon Music. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The songs are all evocative and, to assist your decision, I would say that they are probably for Sinatra aficionados. Looking thru all the US versions of the album, including the represses, anything with the label number W581 or W-581, none of these versions match the runout numbers of the copy i have. 3,7,11,14 recorded on 8 February 1955. $125.00. For example 12s into track 2, various tracks in between, most of track 11, 1:25-1:40 in track 12. Details: Size: 6" x 6"Acrylic on apple panel.

Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2020. This does not mean that they are not classically done and brilliantly executed and would appeal to a wide non-Sinatra audience, it is merely to highlight that for Sinatra fans, this is Frank with a piano, a great haunting Nelson Riddle arrangement and a despairing mood that he exploits with great phrasing. To me, this is his best, even over "Only the Lonely. " In The Small Hours“ Before painting the full sized painting I do a small , fairly detailed, sketch painting. For anyone that's interested, I've attached a picture of the front and back of the album so you can see the song list without having to go look it up! James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo, Lars Ulrich, Cliff Burton, Dave Mustaine, Jason Newsted, Ron McGovney. Sings For Only The Lonely [60th Anniversary Stereo Mix][2 CD][Delu. Actually I don't think there is one of his most well-known songs on here. Loneliness, thy name is Frank! Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2019.

As of 2017, Metallica is the third best-selling music artist since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991, selling a total of 58 million albums in the United States. Thanks for looking! Someone could have taken the original recording and tried to restore it rather than just doing an A/D conversion of a really badly damaged tape.

The 10" versions states 1955 here on Discogs, and there's also another version here on Discogs with the "rainbow rim" label that states 1959 as the year, so I would think this is just a mistake. The cover portrait suggests the mood of late-night desolation almost as effectively as the music, with Sinatra in the corner, smoking a solitary cigarette on deserted street illuminated only by the a foggy, blue-green glow of lamplight.

The album featured in Rolling Stone Magazine's top 500 albums of all time, and rightly so. Riddle's clarinet theme for "What Is this Thing Called Love?" In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Metallica's current lineup comprises founding members Hetfield and Ulrich, longtime lead guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. On the cover is a sad-looking Sinatra on a lonely, unnamed city street in the middle of the night, by himself, looking pensively downward. Originally performed by Holocaust / You're drawn at the darkness, / And you Don't know why, but I played it and fell in love with Sinatra then and there. Sings For Only The Lonely [60th Anniversary Stereo Mix][2 LP]. Must be a conspiracy as the songs can be found in other collections with listenable audio quality. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. After the opening of some tracks the musical richness is dialled back to emphasise the vocals.

Who Sang Summer Breeze, George Coetzee Net Worth, Mother Agency Jobs, Driving Solutions Track Day, Rihanna And Chris Brown Engaged, Interrupting Chicken And The Elephant Of Surprise Read Aloud, Explosive Strength Workout Program Pdf, Kelsey Grammer Wife, Los Infieles Lyrics, Ac Power Line Monitor Recorder, Ignite Audio Mono Block Class D Car Amplifier 6000 Watts Peak Power, Hideki Matsuyama Swing Sequence, Teachers Series, Wagaya 14th Street, Rose Williams Mum, Faroe Islands U21 Vs Montenegro U21, 5% Window Tint Roll, Did Tiger Woods Sell His Yacht, Kiki Song, Kw To Amps, Delino Deshields Net Worth, Quest Meaning In Tamil,

Subscribe to our blog