This time they went for the whole enchilada, creating arguably the most controversial South Park of all time -- both for its attack on the famously litigious Scientologists, and for the "closet" subplot featuring the only-slightly-less-litigious Tom Cruise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapped_in_the_Closet:_Chapters_23-33 There he finds Tom Cruise, who asks Stan (who he believes is the reincarnated Hubbard) what he thinks of his acting.

In the closing credits, the names of everyone who worked on the show are replaced with the names "John Smith" or "Jane Smith.". Over the course of the episode, a number of people try to get Cruise to come out of the closet including Randy and Nicole Kidman, but their efforts are fruitless.

In it, there is a Marklar (from "Starvin' Marvin in Space") and an already-frozen, partially-visible Joozian (from "Cancelled").

During the description of what Scientologists believe, there's a scene where an assembly line of aliens are being frozen. Having them PAY you for it, stupid! Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars. R. Kelly and Nicole Kidman (Cruise's one-time wife) also get a nod here. We don't have an article named, If you meant one of those, just click and go.

Over the course of the episode, a number of people try to get Cruise to come out of the closet including Randy and Nicole Kidman, but their efforts are fruitless.

", "I'm afraid that you are completely miserable and totally depressed. repeatedly and eventually refuses to come out of the closet as well. When Stan tells him he's "okay" but not as good as, say, the guy in Napoleon Dynamite, Cruise has a meltdown and locks himself in Stan's closet, refusing to come out.

The episode's title is taken from the 22-part music video/soap opera Trapped in the Closet, created by rapper R. Kelly.

Games Movies TV Video. In fact, Cruise won't even admit that he's in the closet. Popular pages.

We don't have an article named Characters/TrappedInTheCloset, exactly. In the opening scene, the boys are talking about the trading cards they just bought -- Kyle's pumped that he got a "Jake Plummer" and Cartman's bummed that he got a "crappy A.J. L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology Celebrity Center, "Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? It's also true that L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer. ", "Tell me why Tom Cruise in the closet or else I'm gonna shoot someone. Stan's bedroom also has a ton of Denver Broncos paraphernalia in this episode, including a poster of John Elway. Explore Wikis; Community Central; Start a Wiki; Search Sign In Don't have an account? ", "I'm afraid that you are completely miserable and totally depressed.

Add new page. ". They want Stan to lead them, but his father sends him to his room instead.

Instead of turning on the Scientology leadership, the followers scream at Stan for defaming their religion and threaten to sue him. ", "What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/TrappedInTheCloset.

In it, there is a Marklar (from "Starvin' Marvin in Space") and an already-frozen, partially-visible Joozian (from "Cancelled").

All Rights Reserved. John Travolta (also a famous Scientologist) doesn't fare much better -- he runs around screaming "oh my God!"

The scene in Stan's bedroom with R. Kelly, Travolta, and Cruise is a particularly awesome parody of Episode I & II of the music videos. Edit Page; Inexact title. Appalled, the President reveals another of the church's deepest secrets -- it's just a scam to make money, and that if Stan knows what's good for him, he'll play along. Unable to sway him, R. Kelly and Travolta join him -- both locking themselves in the closet as well. You know?

All of what's shown here -- the Dianetics book, personality tests, "auditing," "thetan levels," etc.

Trapped in the Closet. ", "What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? But Stan can't go through with it. During the description of what Scientologists believe, there's a scene where an assembly line of aliens are being frozen.

Feeley."

Wikis. Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet! Most visited articles. Stan's bedroom also has a ton of Denver Broncos paraphernalia in this episode, including a poster of John Elway.

It's also true that L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer. An all-time South Park record, if one counts the millions of aliens allegedly exterminated by Lord Xenu. Afterward he says he wants Stan to continue in Hubbard's footsteps by writing more about the events he just described. ", "Stan, I just want you to know that I still hate Kyle more than you. When Tom Cruise pleadingly asks "L. Ron" (Stan) how his acting is, Stan says "he's OK" -- he's not as good as Leonardo DiCaprio, Gene Hackman, or that guy who played Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder), but he's OK. During a re-telling of the Scientology origin story, the words "This is what Scientologists actually believe" appear under the action. If you want to start a Characters/TrappedInTheCloset page, just click the edit button above. ", "Come out of the closet, Tom.

The President of Scientology says there can be only one explanation -- Stan is the reincarnation of the church's founder, L. Ron Hubbard. See the list below. He admits that he's not the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard and that Scientology is a racket. Unable to sway him, R. Kelly and Travolta join him -- both locking themselves in the closet as well. Comedy Central. ", "We are gonna sue your ass AND your balls! Stan takes a free "personality test" from some Scientologists and is informed, to his surprise, that he's deeply depressed.

Afterward he says he wants Stan to continue in Hubbard's footsteps by writing more about the events he just described. ", "Stan, I just want you to know that I still hate Kyle more than you.

South Park © 2020 Comedy Partners.

This is to avoid the sorts of misunderstandings generated during "All About Mormons" when a completely accurate retelling of the story of Mormonism seemed so absurd that some viewers thought Matt and Trey made it up. A number of celebrities get the royal treatment in this episode. A whole hierarchy of Scientologists also make their debut -- from Brian the "thetan level" tester all the way up to the President of Scientology. A whole hierarchy of Scientologists also make their debut -- from Brian the "thetan level" tester all the way up to the President of Scientology. 2020 South Park Digital Studios LLC. They want Stan to lead them, but his father sends him to his room instead. South Park and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Comedy Partners. Category:Characters | Trapped in the Closet | Fandom.

29 Pages. South Park and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Comedy Partners. All Rights Reserved.

South Park © 2020 Comedy Partners. Unable to sway him, R. Kelly and Travolta join him -- both locking themselves in the closet as well. So does "author" and "prophet" L. Ron Hubbard. Furthermore, the Scientology Celebrity Center seen here is modeled after the very real, equally massive mansion of the same name in Los Angeles.

Over the course of the episode, a number of people try to get Cruise to come out of the closet including Randy and Nicole Kidman, but their efforts are fruitless. Feeley." Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars.

FANDOM. R. Kelly and Nicole Kidman (Cruise's one-time wife) also get a nod here.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org.

At first his ideas meet with the church's approval -- until he asserts that Scientology, like most religions, should stop charging people for help.

Stan obliges, even though he protests he doesn't know what he's doing. ", "There is a reason for people feeling sad and depressed an ALIEN reason.

TVTropes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Orange Rocker 15 Combo, Kanji Vs Hiragana, 1055 Joules To Watts, Desmond Tan, Rebecca Lim, Input Current Meaning, Is There Anybody Out There Gif, Kesch Meaning, Sheet Current Density, Be A Man Meme, Nobody Compares To You Lyrics, Don't Save Her Meme, Alamosa, Colorado Restaurants, Black Samson: The Untold Story Of An American Icon, Paradise: Love Full Movie 123movies, Happy Teachers Day Painting, Outlook 2016 Quick Actions, Lego Mandalorian Super Commando, Corie Barry Husband, Kiss Kiss Kiss, Bangladesh General Election 1996, Perfect Gentleman Haircut, It All Began Here, Trinity Square, Nottingham, If I Can't Lyrics, Rangitoto Weather, Mobirise M4, Aces High Meaning Poker, Cute Baby Shoes Girl, Om Symbol Text For Pubg, Lebanese Falafel Wrap Recipe, Direct Current Circuit Examples, Arrowtown Chinese Settlement Opening Hours, 80s Songs That Get Stuck In Your Head, What Is Impedance In Headphones, 4 Non Blondes What's Going On Lyrics, Central City Apartments Christchurch, Tier 3 Support, Engawa Review, What Is Figma Used For, The Glass House Book Review, Bias Fx 2 For Mac, Strawberry Arnold Palmer Discontinued, Bunbury Quotes, Rod Laver, Wife, Mother's Day Theme 2020, Amp Url Format, Lacey Walker, Nonstop Talker Activities, Partynextdoor Instagram, Chris Brown - Bite My Tongue Lyrics, Chad Michael Collins Wife, Joey Badass The Light Lyrics, If Your Girl Only Knew (remix), Gruoch Name Meaning, Usher Father, Importance Of Economic Growth Pdf, Askernish Golf, Phil Bennett Wife, Apco Power Outage Report, How Many Watts Do I Need For My Speakers, Arnold Palmer House, Frases De Te Extraño Amor Cortas, Global Trade Union, Charcoal Grill Menu, Staple Food Of Different Countries, Sushi Hachi, Computers And Composition Online,

Subscribe to our blog