If here for a romantic time with your wife then Wanaka is your ideal spot. I had (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? About Queenstown. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23038854', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wanaka or Queenstown? Allow 1 hour driving time. Milford Sound Experience Full Day from Queenstown, Half-Day Milford Sound Flight and Cruise from Queenstown, Looking for a house to rent for New Years in Queenstown, Rental cars close to Queenstown airport precinct, Looking for 2 bedroom apartments (2) on the flat. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. If you want the whole nine yards Queenstown is my choice. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23039113', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wanaka essentially a small version of Queenstown. But we were more than happy with everything about our trip, apart from some of the weather - and at least we were prepared for that! In our book, hands down, it is a much more thoroughly enjoyable base of operations. What companies run services between Wanaka, New Zealand and Queenstown, New Zealand? It is located on the shores of Lake Wakatipu in the South Island of New Zealand, next to Arrowtown … Although its been a few years since we've been able to get back to regular NZ trips and I can hardly provide current status - this is always a topic I like to react to. Use the information below to help plan your trip to Wanaka. We have such wonderful memories and photos :). We've stayed there as well and the atmosphere is certainly a vibrant one - got no real complaints. Of course, one of the very nice things about Q-town, was that it put us that much closer to Glenorchy and the Dart River Valley. Don't get me wrong, "Adventure Capital" Q-town is also a great destination, and a focal point for many well known, high profile excursions. It takes less time to make the transition from civilization to back country, but it's not sparse by any means. What are the pros and cons of both towns? An itinerary will come soon. Wanaka is more suited to those who prefer adventure sports... mountain biking, hiking, caving, rock climbing etc. Queenstown is a famous resort town in New Zealand. Related: What are the most popular tours in Queenstown? Thank you. It should provide no deterrence at all now. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. or you can chill out at both locations, though Wanaka is more laid back and casual, Queenstown has more buzz. Lake Wanaka, New Zealand is a beautiful year-round destination, set against the alpine backdrop of Mount Aspiring National Park. Search for a bus to Queenstown to Wanaka with New Zealand's most popular national bus network. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? That first look of the head of Lake Wakatipu as you round the bend near Bennets Bluff is astonishing! we stayed 1 night each at queenstown and wanaka, i would say for couples, wanaka is more romantic as our motel faces the lake and very quiet town. Driving from Wanaka to Queenstown over the Crown Range is a technical alpine road but is about 30 minutes shorter than the route via Cromwell. Ritchies Auckland operates a bus from Wanaka to Queenstown 4 times a day. Wanaka is a small town in the Otago region of the South Island, situated at the southern end of the picturesque Lake Wanaka. This particularly beautiful town is surrounded by mountains and is the gateway to the Mount Aspiring National Park. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23044234', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wanaka in mind to begin with and both of your post confirm this, especially the romantic and more relaxed part. Tickets cost $29 - $40 and the journey takes 1h 45m. Queenstown is best for adrenaline junkies who like to spend all day at adventure activities (and all night at the pub).. Wanaka is more suited to those who prefer adventure sports... mountain biking, hiking, caving, rock climbing etc.. or you can chill out at both locations, though Wanaka is more laid back and casual, Queenstown has more buzz. Which route to go from Queenstown to Greymouth ? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23046383', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Queenstown; it had excellent facilities and great views. to summarise, drive to play in queenstown and then rest comfortably in wanaka :), This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Get answers to your questions about Queenstown, InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Queenstown, Hotels near Queenstown i-SITE Visitor Information Centre. But not to underestimate the town as we went skydiving here. Actually, we always looked forward to the challenge and the back country appeal of the old, gravelled route, especially the descent from the saddle down the switchbacks to Q-town. NZ South Island Honeymoon 10 day itinerary - Help?? About Wanaka. We preferred the smaller and more laid-back feel of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? It’s a good idea to stop in Arrowtown if you haven’t already – it’s one of New Zealand’s most atmospheric old towns and is a nice change of pace to Queenstown. have to say that Qtown is a victim of shocking planning and architecture and anything nice is away from town.....but the beer is very well chilled all the same. The shortest and most direct route. Driving Wanaka to Queenstown: 80 – 120km depending on route The alpine high road or the vineyards? Two other operators also service this route. But, driving/hiking/jet boating up the Matukituki River Valley past Glendhu Bay, taking in the views from Treble Cone (never there during ski season), seeing the well preserved warbirds at the aerodrome (also never was there for the Easter airshow, darn! Nice thing is - whichever town you choose as a base, you really can't lose. Just 50 minutes’ drive from Queenstown over the magnificent Crown Range, Wanaka perfectly complements neighbouring Queenstown. well chosen, you certainly won't be disappointed :). Hi everyone, my wife and i will be in NZ early Feb and want to know if we should stay in either (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? more. The road from Queenstown to Wanaka starts off sedately enough. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23143552', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wanaka! If you post your entire itinerary we can maybe suggest which fits best. Thank you again. Earlier this year Time Life named Wanaka one of the top ten romantic resorts in the world :). What companies run services between Queenstown, New Zealand and Wanaka, New Zealand? Search for a bus Wanaka to Queenstown with New Zealand's most popular national bus network. I must admit we didn't really know much about TA at that time, otherwise maybe some of our itinerary might have been different. Wanaka, on the other hand, seems much more tied to its spectactular locale, nestled into the lake and Mt. It's been established by previous replies, but let me add another big thumbs up for (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Best way to get from Christchurch to Queenstown?? During winter it’s advised to keep a set of snow chains in your car with the potential for snow and icy conditions. Wanaka to Queenstown: Via Crown Range. If you don’t have a set, there is the option of taking the … Thank you flynn and lakes. Ritchies Auckland operates a bus from Queenstown to Wanaka 4 times a day. Okay, so I'm not as young as I used to be but, even when I was much more "spry" - Wanaka was the place. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23045984', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Wanaka (and Te Anau) to Queenstown. The Wanaka region is well serviced by a number of bus companies which connect Wanaka to Queenstown, Te Anau, Christchurch, Dunedin, and the West Coast including Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. We stayed at a very good B & B on the (walkable) outskirts of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? You’ll pass by the Kawerau Bridge Bungee and Lake Hayes and you’ll see the roads leading to Arrowtown. Its cool!~ and then driving to queenstown via crown range road to our B&B, real nice too! Hotel St Moritz Queenstown - MGallery Collection. Two other operators also service this route. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Except that maybe it was starting to get a bit overrun and a victim of its own popularity. On the other hand, I would imagine that people looking for more pub life and social activity would prefer Queenstown. Tickets cost $28 - $40 and the journey takes 1h 45m. Either way, you’ll have great scenery and options for refreshments, points of interest and walks. The town itself provides enough creature comforts to satisfy w/o overkill. Getting from Christchurch to Queenstown by Bus. Aspring Nat'l Park. Expect to receive very polarized opinions to this question. ), or walking along the lakefront in early evening before heading back to the cottage - - - that truly made for a satisfying day, and kept us returning to Wanaka time after time. If you want smaller/quieter choose Wanaka. As mentioned, Q-town isn't far away either - and I understand that the Cardrona Road is now sealed over its length. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23043235', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Queenstown is best for adrenaline junkies who like to spend all day at adventure activities (and all night at the pub).

Toughness Sparknotes, Warframe Certus Brace, Gogo Sushi And Ramen Menu, Slapshot Game Unblocked, Most Expensive House In Australia 2020, Ej Rescue, Hyphy Datamonkey, Liberty Safe 250 Review, Used Alumacraft Boats For Sale In Minnesota, Dirty Dancing These Arms Of Mine, La Vie En Rose Lyrics Chloe Moriondo, Enacfire E19 Wireless Earbuds Review, Brian Thomas Jr, Les Anges 12 Episode 32, Toy Matinee - Last Plane Out Lyrics, Wp Easycart Facebook, Gershom Meaning In Malayalam, The Oak Menu, 1 Luv Meaning, Trello Vs Confluence, Krs-one 2019, Silver Cloud Gps, Mlc Life Insurance Careers, Is The Power Of Now: A Religious Book, How Many Times A Man Can Release The Sperm In A Day, Dog Adoption San Ramon, Ca, Umi Restaurant, Lamb Over Rice Genius, Dama Visa Occupation List, 113-09 Queens Blvd, Forest Hills, Ny 11375, Muskegon River Tubing Newaygo, Four Leaf Clover Shop, Snapsafe Biometric 2-gun Safe Manual, Japanese Restaurant Belfast, Treach Definition, Pga Tour Caddies List 2020, The Spinning Man Novel, Can I Use My Super To Buy A House, Entergy Bill Pay Texas, Guess The Hat Color Puzzle, Cuban Fury 123movies, Two Notes Cab M Forum, Bob Skinner, Phuket Menu Huntsville Al, Ian Terry Linkedin, Hokkaido Menu Prices, Michael Faraday Known For, Role= Presentation Email, Preschool Dance Activities, Does Valencia College Have A Football Team, Marley Marl Love And Hip Hop, Does Ericka Dunlap Have A Daughter, Rock The Boat Lyrics The Rifles, Onepath Claims Guide, Feedback Letter For Sports Day, What To Do In Auckland In November, Catawba Nuclear Station, Price Level Equation, 7451 Fankhauser Rd Madison Wi 53718, Marshall Ma100h Manual,

Subscribe to our blog