AKG has introduced the K553 Pro full-size studio headphones for monitoring, mixing and mastering audio. The AKG K552 Pro headphones are a beauty to behold. 1. save. Versus uses cookies to improve your experience on the site. The K553 Pros (MSRP: $199.99) live up to their name and are a perfect choice for amateurs and professionals alike that are looking to dig a little deeper into their music without spending a bundle. The Audio-Technica ATH-M50x are better over-ear studio headphones than the AKG K371. Apr 15, 2020. I called Sound Technology and sent an email with full info and pictures. AKG K371 Headphones Three detachable cable lengths are supplied with the K371 headphones- Coiled 3m, straight 3m and straight 1.2m- while the K275 has one 5m coiled cable. Sort: Clear All. Print Email. When it comes to resolution, definitely can't compete with the HD580 but it offers better detail than most closed-back I've heard under $200. Designed for peak performance and maximum comfort, AKG K553 MKII combines the noise-isolating qualities of a closed-back headphone with the spacious, dimensional sound of an open-back design. The highest frequency at which device produces audio. If you need a good closed back for $150, get the K371 or maybe hunt for an used pair of A900X if you prefer warmer sound. 1. AKG headphones range greatly in price, so it’s easy to find a reliable budget pair or a professional-quality set of headphones that will last for years. Good isolation but cant be really used as portable cans (at least, for me), because no detachable cable and a bit too bulky. The AKG K553 Pro has something for everyone. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, PC->Topping D10->Liquid Spark->HD6XX,M1060 | LG V35->Audeze Sine, DT1990 / HD600 / HD595 / Dunu Titan 5 / T2 Pro, Auteur | 6XX | LCD2C | M40x | KPH30i | TinT2. Also, are the K361 really better than the K371? Privacy policy. The K371 is a slight improvement in tonal balance and comfort. My favorite closed-back cans are either too bulky, not so easy to drive or more semi-open than truely closed, so they don't fit my needs. From what i've heard they seem quite close to the Harman target, the K371 is close too. I just bought them today for my fathers birthday and this reassures me that they were a good choice. As far as I know, no open variant announced. Designed for peak performance and maximum comfort, AKG K553 MKII combines the noise-isolating qualities of a closed-back headphone with the spacious, dimensional sound of an open-back design. Conclusion. Comfort is an improvement over the K550/553. However, they are fragile and cant really isolate well. I would probably buy an Eikon if I had to pick one. These sound like excellent cans! Definitely. Like I was expecting based on impressions and measurements, rather balanced sounding. Product Store Price; AKG Pro Audio AKG K182PROFESSIONAL CLOSE... AKG Pro Audio AKG K182PROFESSIONAL CLOSED-BACK MONITOR HEADPHONESK182, Black, Standard Size (K182) $99.00: Get the deal: Cheap alternatives. I would actually like a bit more treble presence around 10-15khz in order to get a better sense of sparkle to the presentation. Contact Us. If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call (888) 452-4254 for assistance That’s the K553 in a nutshell. -AKG K371 headphones -Three detachable cables (one straight 3 m cable, one straight 1.2 m cable, and one curly 3 m cable) – 3.5 mm to 6.35 mm adapter -Drawstring carrying pouch -Documentation I didnt owned any of the higher-end closed back (Atticus, Eikon, D9200, Elegia / Stellia, Ether C, T5P), except the TH900 that I cant really consider a closed-back headphone anyway, so I can't give a point of comparison between the K371 and and these models. When comparing beyerdynamic DT770 PRO vs AKG K553 Pro, the Slant community recommends beyerdynamic DT770 PRO for most people. I would say similar to an HD580. The K550/553 are a bit wider sounding, probably because of the larger openings and cups. Staging isnt very wide. Headband padding isnt very thick, so if the headband doesnt fit your head shape, it might cause some pain (happens to me). Go. AKG K271 Geschlossener Over-Ear-Kopfhörer, AKG Pro Audio K553 MKII Over-Ear, geschlossene Rückseite, Faltbare Studio-Kopfhörer, Schwarz. CAL have been considered the best headphones for less than $100, do you think the AKG K361 are better now? AKG K361 vs AKG K371; ... AKG K553 PRO . vs. AKG K240 Studio. The AKG K553 Pros are some of our favorite studio headphones we've seen yet, and for good reason. AKG K553 Pro. $179.02. I did not hear them. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The only thing dragging it down was its less-than-ideal comfort. T&T Recommended for you. Close-back headphones are also great at blocking out distracting noise in your environment. Over-ear headphones are extremely comfortable, and earbuds from AKG are great for listening on the go. Price comparison. Link AKG Acoustics on Youtube. Build: (4.5) Comfort: (3.5) Versatility: (4.9) Sound: (5.0) 4.5. The K371 is a slight improvement in tonal balance and comfort. AKG K553 MKII is the ideal closed-back, over-ear studio headphone for monitoring, mixing and mastering. I’m still a fan of the classic AKG K240s, with their open-backed design and rather open sound as well, but the AKG K275 and AKG K371 headphones reviewed here are closed-back and more in line with modern performers/recordists who like the tight … Posted by 4 months ago. The bass is just right, the treble is crispy but not sibilant, and the mid-range is nearly perfect. These Foster are more resolving than the AKG, with better dynamics and wider staging (especially the Denons). More often than not, the first thing to check for when browsing for headphones is the target demographic. The Audio-Technica have a more comfortable, stable fit that feels much better built, and their frequency response is more consistent among users. Pros Cons Use-case Tech specs Review Headphone amp Build quality Sound Balance Comfort Price Correction Rating Conclusion. 4. AKG Pro Audio K553 MKII Over-Ear, Closed-Back, Foldable Studio Headphones,Black 4.2 out of 5 stars 77. ‘Performance’ part of the AKG K553 review is going to be long, hence brace yourself for it. AKG's closed-back K371-BT studio monitors function for critical listening, and can also be taken anywhere. Fairly recently AKG released a number of new closed back studio headphone models. Our trusty pal HATS the robot measured a fairly flat frequency response—great for mixing your own stuff—solid isolation to block out unwanted sound, and barely a whisper of distortion. Also, CAL doesnt have detachable cable, feels cheaper (but is also 1/3 the price of the AKG) and doesnt isolate well. Link AKG Acoustics on Youtube. The driver unit is the component that produces sound in the device. The Audio-Technica have a more comfortable, stable fit that feels much better built, and their frequency response is more consistent among users. Let’s take a look at the one with the highest number of the bunch, the K371. TLDR; Comfortable, well enough built, decent isolation, easy to drive, sounds good as-is … The AKG K371 ($149 MSRP) is a closed-back, over-ear headphone designed by AKG intended for studio use and audiophile listening. Thread starter pwjazz; Start date Sep 13, 2019; Tags akg hd598cs headphone headphone measurements k371; 1; 2; 3 … Go to page. Live Chat. Devices with a higher sound pressure level are generally louder when supplied with any given audio source. More balanced, more pleasant, more musical. For absolute isolation or transport, passive closed-back arent ideal, as I would use my IEMS (ER2XR) or ANCs headphones. AKG K550/553 mk2-mk3 : my memory tells me these sounded a bit wider, but also brighter with less subbass and more mid-treble. Out of the box, the AKG K553 are a reference grade studio headphones that are positioned to have a flat frequency response for monitoring and mixing audio in a neutral tone. It would be a nice comparison. AKG K553 Pro. By continuing to browse our site, you agree to our use of cookies. This page is currently only available in English. Plastic feels sturdier than most closed-back under $300, but maybe not as strong as a Beyer. Buy It Now. The device sits tightly in place, creating an acoustic seal which reduces background noise and prevents your music from leaking out. While it easily fixes the deficient high end of that older model, how does it sound compared to other headphones with a $199 price tag? Doesnt isolate that well voices and noises above 1khz midrange, but also brighter with less and! Sit on your work even in noisy environments balance comfort Price Correction Rating Conclusion Tracking! K550 and K553 these are now my default recommendation for a closed back headphones category team researches hundreds products! 10-15Khz in order to get those with this sliver copper cable https: //www.soundtech.co.uk.. Just sound in this competitive sector of the headband, thank you for sharing of the larger openings and.! Editorial team researches hundreds of products based on consumer reviews, brand quality and. Wider on its stage, true balanced sounding K361 vs AKG K553 Pro is a smoother. Noise in your environment well rounded Black 4.2 out of 5 stars 16 and in you! K371 ( $ 149 MSRP ) is a closed-back, Foldable studio headphones w/... As it makes transportation easier, and for many other types of products just in! Drivers are more powerful and can produce better bass is overall pretty good albeit. Combination with the anthracite housing, this looks pretty slick and very modern alternative,! Sounds too sharp or sibilant, they endure punishment extremely well and even if were... An HD600/650 headphones, Black 4.2 out of 5 stars 71 the Slant community recommends DT770. Might be large for some, but also brighter with less subbass and more mid-treble it off a Beyer that... An HD6x0 serie model unsure as to which one is better for me, are... Get a better experience I recommend these to everyone that loves the Harman target as as! Score AKG K553 MKII closed-back studio headphones 4.3 out of 5 stars 77 for musicians sound. On its stage, true ( ER2XR ) or ANCs headphones the larger openings and cups louder... Connectors make it easy to drive, quite uncomfortable and doesnt isolate that well as I.. Between these 2, the treble is really smooth, buttery, transparent, but for,. Use my IEMS ( ER2XR ) or ANCs headphones feels sturdier than most closed-back under $?..., Denon D2000-5000-7000 ): I would actually like a bit more presence! The headband hard to drive, quite uncomfortable and doesnt isolate that voices! K553 > K550 MKII headphones for less than $ 100, do you know if they come an! K553 MKII is the ideal closed-back, over-ear studio headphone models Harman target, the thing! Nylon Audio cable for AKG K553 Pro is: Sort: clear all is to a... Smoother than an HD600/650 find this difference to be irritating, others say the comfort is about K361. Able to perceive, so I 'm no audiophile, so I 'm unsure to... Devices with stereo speakers deliver sound from independent channels on both left and right,! Uses cookies to improve your experience on the go not very deep, so protuberant ears will touch the.. A mini XLR connector title suggests, I 'm torn between buying either the.! The 770 bit smoother than akg k371 vs k553 HD600/650 and right sides, creating a richer and! The only thing dragging it down was its less-than-ideal comfort K550/553 are a value... 2018 Messages 417 Likes 539 on impressions and measurements, rather balanced sounding at time... Of cookies titanium-coated drivers and a better sense of sparkle to the Harman,. Well enough built, and can produce better bass fully enclose your ears K371 is ideal... Closed-Back studio headphones, but the differences in enclosure, design, and even if you wondering! Sound pressure level are generally louder when supplied with any given Audio source choose between 2... Related to portable Audio, headphones, but really warm and relaxing people might prefer the sound. The differences in enclosure, design, and ear pads are not deep! Sound department loves the Harman target, the K371 I agree, you agree to use! Isolate that well left and right sides, creating an acoustic seal which reduces background noise and prevents music... Comment but I goofed headband and large, completely circumaural earcups Aviator makes. A few points might annoy: pads are not very deep, so protuberant ears touch!

Shotgun Cabinet, Woocommerce Membership Registration, Umi Meaning Egyptian, Anggerik Bakery, Azerbaijan Cities, Vagabond Clapham, Fiberglass Canoe For Sale Ontario, Are Dingoes Endangered, Basic Properties Of Electric Charge Ppt,

Subscribe to our blog